• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is Martial Arts?

I think this would be a good topic, unless there is already one like it. I have been away for awhile so I am not sure if there is a topic on this.

I hope to stick around for awhile now though.

Well let it rip, what is martial arts, to you?

-SoulAssassin

"I aint gonna eat, I aint gonna sleep, aint gonna breath till I see what I wanna see and what I wanna see is you goto asleep, in the dirt permanently"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is sharpening my mind and strengthening my body, and through discipline, avoiding those things that would prevent me from accomplishing that.

That and learning how to kick butt! :P

(just kidding!)

Dean

Dahn Boh Nim - Black-Brown Belt

Kuk Sool Won

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." - James Dean

I know its cliched as heck but for a little while now it has been a way of life.

I honestly cant imagine not training nor can I remember what it was like before I trained (possibly not want too..).

When the "proverbial" builds up, training is a release for me.

As its becoming more a way of life, I want more from my training, so I am looking for better instruction/club.

Perhaps most importantly though its damn good FUN!

I know its cliched as heck but for a little while now it has been a way of life.

I honestly cant imagine not training nor can I remember what it was like before I trained (possibly not want too..).

I agree. Martial Arts is a way of life for me too. I'd hate it if I had to give up my MA training.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Martial Arts is a term open to a wide array of interpretations. I see it as category in which we intertwine our notions of mind, body and spirit.

Why is martial arts so complex? The mind is complex, the body is complex, and these two things are not the same for any two martial artists. Like painting, techniques and styles can be taught, but to each martial artist, the art is their own and no one else's.

^does that work for you^? any time my being in the martial arts is brought up, i just look like a big geek. on second thought, that might be because i am...

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

a geek is just someone who is passionate about something and not afraid to show it.

there's nothing wrong with that.

on the other hand, i feel sorry for those who have nothing in their life worth shouting out for.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."