• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i need help with calves

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hey rise..I have very developed calves...like bodybuilders....

I would offer you this.

stretch at 45 degree angle with your hands flat on a wall. do cardio..repeat stretch. Also take 2 dumbells like 10 or 20 lbs...hold down by your side...roll to tip toes and contract calves...2-3 set of 10 reps. Takes time to build. Also genes have major play here.

Don't forget CARDIO..build legs as well as all other benefits.

Not a certified trainer but hope I helped. Proper protein intake.

PS when you're at comp desk...rasie each foot up (toes remain on floor) till you feel pull on calves and contract hard...each leg...every day...watch for charlies!! :P

yeah, big trouble with calf exercises is the cramps. but they're numerous. sprint on your toes for short distances. find a wood box or a chair (something that wont break under your weight) and, staying on your toes, jump from the ground to the box and back, as fast as you can, for a good while. come to think of it, you could probably do it with stairs. in fact, run up and down stairs on your toes (just don't fall). there's something we did in cross country we called dot drills that have 5 dots space fairly far apart on a mat arranged like the 5-side of a 6-sided die. then you'd jump (on your toes) in different patterns as fast as you could. i guess the key is speed and staying on your toes.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

if you become an avid runner youll get calves. other than that, its a standing calf machine (calf raises) and then a sitting one, and you do a LOT of weight. calves require a LOT of weight, and also- you can work them every day (provided they are not sore) like forarms and abs. remember, do a LOT of weight- thats what calves respond to.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli

agreed with the avid runner thing. just be sure that if your running for calves, run cross country. running up and down the hills works more muscles than running on a flat track.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

I just run and I've noticed some good growth in my calves

Of course, 1 mile won't do

I got these from running 3 miles every other day

And 9 miles once a week

THE MASTER OF THE WORLD'S FINEST!!

SOUL SONIC STYLE!!