• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anyone else notice this?

nitroice: the website you reference is correct in that DURING exercise the body shunts blood away from certain organs to nourish the muscles, which need the oxygen, as opposed to the stomach, kidneys, bladder, etc. This is part of the survival response that the body has to keep you going in times of stress. What happens after you are finished with the workout is that the body basically says "O.K., I'm done with the stress, now feed me!" This is why it is natural to feel hungry after a workout. If you are noticing a decreased appetite after working out it is also a good thing, because the body is becoming more "fuel efficient" and requiring less energy to work. Kudos to you for doing research and finding out just how your body works!

A Black Belt is just a white belt that don't know when to quit!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I agree. I don't eat two hours before class, because I will "see" it again if I did. I do get hungry before class, but once I start, the hunger goes away. I don't get hungry again till about two hours after class. It's weird ...

Laurie F

I've had some problems with it. If I didn't feed myself I was sick to death. During the effort my stomach would hurt and I would almost faint. If I ate too close to the time of class I would get sick and see it agains (nice image karatekid1975 :D ). So I eat 1 hour before the class. Cycle to the gym and I have the energy to carry on. Of course I try to eat stuff that won't take ages to digest.