• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pressure point bruises

BritNoob

We worked on pressure points during training this week and I now have 2 massive purple and yellow bruises on the underside of my bicep (where your partner had to pinch/squeeze).

It hurt a lot at the time obviously since it's a pressure point, but the pain soon went once the pressure was stopped. I never expected to get these huge bruises though - are they common? I've got bruises from punches, kicks etc etc but because this was pinching (and we had to hold for 3 seconds without flinching) it seems to have burst blood vessels or something because it's a pretty foul looking bruise.

Anyway, thought I'd just ask :-?

Apart from that it was a great lesson.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hum... I'm sorry, but you'll have to wait some time until it desappear... My karate sensei already hitted (in don't know how to write it in the past (I'm brazilian)) me in some pressure points, and the same thing happened... Yellow and purple bruises... (But it didn't hurt)

So... You'll have to wait... There is nothing you can do... :(

Well, bruising is caused by a disruption to the small blood vessels & tissue just under the surface of the skin.

Any pressure (from a punch, kick, grab, etc) can cause tears in capilliaries (the very tiny blood vessels) which leads to bruising.

If your partner was pinching or squeezing your arm, then yes, bruising would be the inevitable result.

It should settle down in a day or two. Try arnica cream - that's supposed to be good for bruising.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!