• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi, another newbie in upstate NY!

Hi,

I'm Russ, I'm pretty new to martial arts. Years ago I took tang soo do..didn't stick with it...my guitar won the showdown during the late 80's. I am now ready to do this and make as many friends as I can who share my love of the arts.

I'm going to be studying Washin-Ryu under Hidy Ochiai's organization branch district. I'm psyched....I love okinowan karate...I look forward to meeting friends and getting on with the journey. Just ask if you want to know anything about me.

thanks for reading,

Russ :D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi Russ, Welcome to KF !

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

Hi Russ, I just wanted to comment because I too recently chose between guitar and karate (I really don't want to be paying for guitar lessons AND karate every month!) I've only been playing guitar since January, and I've wanted to study the martial arts for years, so karate won the showdown for me. :D Welcome to the forums! (If I can say that, being new to the forums myself. :lol: )

~Erin

9th Kyu

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft."

~ Theodore Roosevelt