• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I NEED HELP TRYING TO MEDITATE ? PLEASE HELP

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Meditation is a skill to be learned and practiced. Many of us have difficulty at times keeping focused while meditating so don't feel alone. Start out small, picture something pleasant in your mind and focus on it-even if only for a few minutes. Eventually you will be able to quite your thoughts for longer periods of time. If you can't picture something try to focus on your breathing-4 count inhale, 8 count exhale.

Be patient and keep trying!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Count breathes, inhale and exhale counts as 1.

Start out with 10 minutes and try to work up to 30 or 1 hour daily. There's about 600 breathes in 40 mintues. Pick a quite spot thats comfortable, not to hot, not to cold. Watch your appetite, not to full and not to hungry. Try to be in a good mood; not angry or upset, excited about anything, the point is try to avoid any distractions. Eventually you won't have to count breathes. Like ninjanurse said, be patient, don't force it.

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

• 3 weeks later...

In meditation, the idea is not to ignore all thought, but to exhaust all thought so that the only possible solution is to think nothing (not think of nothing b/c that is something, think nothing). As ideas pop into your head, think about them,understand them, and move on as your find and exhaust each thought. We use meditation to clear the mind, to clear the mind, you must know what is in the way, and the to do that is to think the thoughts in your head until they are thought out. (until they are thunk, lol)

• 4 weeks later...

oh wow, best advise I've gotten in a long time, thank you for that. :)

karateka of Kobayashi Shorin-ryu karate-do(since 2000)

"A human life is truly as frail and fleeting as the morning dew." -Rashomon

“Like everyone else, you want to learn the way to win, but never to accept the way to lose. To accept defeat, to learn to die is to be liberated from it. So when tomorrow comes you must free your ambitious mind and learn the art of dying.” BL

I TRY OVER AND OVER AGAIN BUT EACH TIME THOUGHTS KEEP POPPING INTO MY HEAD I CAN NOT FOCUS AT ALL.

If you think in all capital letters, it must be hard indeed...

But seriously, I found that if I made myself feel a sensation of emptiness that I poured everything, it would become easier over time. Now, I just "empty" without even having to force anything; it just happens.

This isn't one of those cute phrases that people like to say but don't really understand/believe/whatever, but I really do find that the emptying technique works in helping you to "do" meditation rather than to "think" meditation.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

whot does meditation help with

"learning a martial art is like tuning a string instrument. tune the strings too hard and they will snap tune them too little and it will not play but tune it right and you will have music for a lifetime"-anonomous