• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shotokan, Goju Ryu, Kenpo, and, Kyokushin.

Karatekid04

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

They're all variants of karate, although kenpo or kempo is often classed as a martial art in its own right.

Karate can generally be split into Japanese & Okinawan styles. There are many different styles of karate, a lot of which have been developed from other styles. Each style has its own emphasis and differences in things like stances, inclusion of weapons, emphasis on fighting over kata etc etc.

Feel free to ask if you want any more info on a particular style!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Karatekid04,

Try a web search with the names of the karate styles that interest you. It is fun and you can pick up a lot of info this way.

Wing Chun Kuen Man

Real traditional martial arts training is difficult to find.....most dojos in the west are Mcdojos....some are better and some are worst....but they are what they are....do you train in one?

Shotokan Karate:

Shotokan Karate originated in Okinawa, a small island south of Japan. It was popularized in Japan by Gichin Funakoshi in the 1950s. The name "Shotokan" comes from the name "Shoto," which was Funakoshi's pen name.Shotokan Karate is a traditional martial art. This means that improvements in character and mental discipline are as important as physical skill, if not more so. Shotokan Karate is meant to be accessible to all, including, women, children, and those without great athletic ability. Shotokan karate consists of many type of kata. Theses katas are: Taikyoku Shodan, Hein Shodan-Hein Goda (or Pinan katas),Tekki Shodan and Nidan, Kanku Dai, Bassai Dai,Bassai Sho, Hangetsu, Unsu, Enpi,Gojushiho Dai and Sho, Jion, and many, many more. Shotokan Karate also includes Kihons and Kumite (basics and sparring). Shotokan karate is "the way of the empty hand", meaning, in shotokan karate there is no use for weapons. Well if you need any more info, let me know.

shodan - Shotokan

Blue Belt - Jiu-Jitsu

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care the themself without that law is both. For wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live I will kill you, If I die you are forgiven-- such is the rule of Honor.