• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i need a diet plan menu i am 230 pounds

matbla

the first thing you need is control... if you have to see a menu in order to watch what you eat, there is a problem - no offense intended.

Next, do us this favor - write down EVERYTHING that you eat over the next three days and post it here.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, the time of day when you eat your meals makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. People have already said, its the total daily calorie intake that counts.

somewhat... you don't want to eat a large meal right before bedtime. As a general recommendation, I would eat larger meals during the day and have them get progressively smaller as the day goes on.

I admit that it is better to eat larger meals earlier on in the day, because that way you'l have optimum energy at the time when you need it, rather than having loads of energy at night when you're asleep anyway.

But from a weight loss point of view, hypothetically, if two people ate exactly the same foods, only at different times, it wouldn't affect their weight loss. All these stupid diets that tell you to avoid eating after a certain time in the evening because 'you won't burn it off' are rubbish. You still need energy for sleeping!

"Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals . . . except the weasel."

- Homer J Simpson

Ummm, I'm going to have to disagree with you there.... eating a heavy meal right before bedtime is not a good idea if you want to lose weight. Look at it this way: Yes, your body does use energy while you sleep, but it is very minimal. A meal consisting of say 400-500 calories will sit in your stomach all night and convert into stored fat. The calories you burn while you sleep should be from fat stores already in your system. You can't do this if you have food in your system that your body is breaking down. The process of burning fat for energy (stored fat) is a state of ketosis. This is what Atkins dieters strive for...a steady state of ketosis. If you habitually eat before sleep (within 3 or 4 hours) you will gain fat from the excess calories going unused, and the carbs that don't get burned. You should not eat within that 3-4 hour window. Also, waking up and exercising before you eat will further enhance fat loss, since your body is in a fasting state and will used fat stroes for energy. That will really melt off the pounds. So yes, it DOES matter when you eat, not as much as WHAT you eat, but it still matters.

Mixed Martial Artist

there are two things you need to do. first, you must eat properly (refer to a food pyramid, specifically the veggies and fruits part) and count your calories, keep them around 1500 to 2000 id guess (dont take my word on those numbers). second, you need to do cardio exercise. from the sounds of it youre not able to run much, so speed walk until you can jog (tredmill is fine). start with atleast 10 minutes a day, try and work your way up to 15, then 20... 30... so on. dont eat a huge meal before bed- in fact, eat many times a day in very small amounts. grazing is the key, never being hungry but never eating a lot.

a broken arm throws no punches

Go to a credible nutritionist.

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

First, when you eat isn't really all that important, in and of itself.

1000 calories taken in is a 1000 calories taken in, regardless of when it happens. Likewise, if you burn 2500 per day, that's 2500, period.

The only real caveat is that large, infrequent meals can mess up your metabolism, causing high and low energy periods. So it is still best to eat smaller more frequent meals.

There's two ways of going about weight loss, imho. One way is to develop a comprehensive program of diet and exercise, and dive right in.

The second is to start with smaller, less extreme changes.

The first way is probably optimal, but you are also less likely to stick with it.

I've lost about 60 pounds over the last 17 months using the 2nd way. I started with things like cutting out french fries, switching to diet soda, and doing just a little exercise.

The key is making those small changes permanent, and building on them.

So, if it were me, instead of trying to put together a comprehensive nutrition plan right from the start, I'd try to incorporate some smaller changes into your current plan. You can even eat the same foods, just cut back on your portions. As long as you cut back on your calories, while maintaining or increasing your exercise, you'll lose weight.

Then, you can slowly start substituting a serving of vegetables or a piece of fruit for one of your normal less healthy choices, and build from there.

Imho, this will be more likely to lead to a permanent change.

I just wanted to back Rich67 up on that daily plan on the last page.. about a year ago I read a magazine article which pretty much described the same diet (not the same foods, but same nutritional values) I had been doing MA for one year before that and was pretty overweight, but the fat literally fell off after changing to that 'diet' and kicking my metabolism into overdrive. I recommend this to anyone - eating that often during the day (small frequent meals) keeps you going, keeps the hunger pains at bay, and by writing down a daily diet you will really notice the difference. Trust me, after a couple of weeks it becomes habbit, and never really seems like a diet.

Actually having many small meals is more important for fat loss than you think. Yes having many meals will boost your metabolism, but it will also keep your body burning those calories. If you eat say, three meals a day, then your body has more time to convert calories to fat, than say six meals a day.