• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I am now

Ant

9th Kyu.

Interesting lesson before the grading. I learned so much about the small differences in movement that make a big impact (if you pardon the pun).

Interesting day all told. Was good to see other people of my grade as everyone in my club is 3rd kyu or above bar one.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Congratulations Ant! :)

Well done for passing your grade - keep at it and I'm sure you'll pass your next belt too.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

OK heres my story you may find it interesting.

I get up at 10:00am My lesson with Sensai Ohta starts at 12.00pm.

I had looked on the directions website and had jotted down some very simple direction. The second to last step said "green man turn left" I get to the green man, turn left then start looking for the karate centre. after 30 minutes of driving it's now 11:50 and I figure I've taken a wrong turn. I finally make my way back to where I was and realise it was the next left. I get to the centre at 12:15 sign on jsut as my clas sis going in. You can imagine how I'm feeling now. I know no one at the grading, Sensai Ohta has a reputation and I did not want to offend him.

I hurredly change into my Gi and enter the class. He calls me to join in almost straight away, and I proceed to learn a heck of a lot.

Lunchtime comes round very quickly I snack nad go for a walk.

Then my grading. The last grading I took was about 15 years ago so the details are sketchy :)

We are asked to do our stuff and instead of doing the inside block I do the outside blocks again. By now my nerves should have been in tatters. Luckily I had got myself into a good state of mind and was able to shake it off.

3 step kumite, I was suprised at the lack of conviction shown by the other karateka almost felt like I was in the wrong to actually be thowing real attacks at them rather than miming. I'll ask my sensai about this on Tuesday.

Did my Kata as well as I've ever done it and recieved my grade.

Next time will be a little easier as I know what to expect and where to go.

:

Hey Ant. Congrats on your grading. Did you know only 1% of the people that join a Marial Art only stay in it?? Your on your way. And forget about the outside block incident.

When I was a whilte belt and I was going for my orange. (skipped my yellow) I couln't even make it through Hein Nidan, so my sensei's promoted me to Orange belt with three white stripes. I could never get over forgetting Hein Nidan. And guess what. Hein Nidan is one of my favorite katas. I love Tekki Shodan, it is soooo short. Well, I have shared my blushing story. I hope it makes you feel a little better about your mistakes. And don't worry. It will go away.

Train Hard,

Never Quit,

Have confidence

If you never try, you'll never fail, and you'll never achieve Victory. Yes that sweet, sweet taste of Victory.

BJJShotoshe

4th kyu

shodan - Shotokan

Blue Belt - Jiu-Jitsu

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care the themself without that law is both. For wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live I will kill you, If I die you are forgiven-- such is the rule of Honor.

Congratulations Ant, Keep going with the good work! :karate:

I see that now everywhere in the martial art world is time for exams and graduations.

I've also just had my yellow belt (karate) grading (17th of June) and my 5th chi grading (last night) in Tai chi chuan. :D

BJJShotoshe a good story made me smile :)

italian_guy did you pass?????

Yep, both, for the karate exam I had quite good score.