• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how do you bring down someone bigger than yourself?

For someone bigger I rely on my speed and strong hands. Plant lots of leopard paws (my favorite) to the floating ribs and face, and stomp kicks to the knees. I tend to work a lot of angles when I fight, which helps with the wing chun knee kicks as it has a much lower chance of breaking said knee. For someone considerably larger I'm going to strike first, and it's going to be as brutal as possible.

I have my own signature self defense combo, where you place your hands up in the 'surrender' position to hopefully put them off guard a bit, then with your hips drive your palm into their chin, rotating a knee into their hip full force to follow up, and follow through by using the power of your leg going back to the ground to drive a hook leopard paw downward into their neck/clavicle. LOTS of force in this, the first 2 should bring him down, the hook is just in case he's really stubborn or you really want to put him down for a while.

Keep close and stay close is my motto. But, I'm an infighter, that's where I'm confortable. I find that with bigger people it's sometimes of advantage to stay chest to chest and be aggressive. Anyone here remember lil' old Ramon Dekkers? Small people can be real scary sometimes lol.

When I sparred a kid larger than myself in my basement, I knocked the wind outta him. He was big and moving in like a train, so I side kicked him in the stomach. His knees buckled and he went down to the carpet. Not a bad strategy either I'd say.

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can't accurately count on that. When you are in a fight, the last thing on your ming is calculating pounds of pressure. When a person is rushing toward you, chances are his leg is not locked. In addition, you don't always have the luxury of the first attack.

Where in tn are you? I am in tn also.

• 2 weeks later...

I am new here but if the guy keeps coming at you. First thing try and keep it so you can get away from him...Sure some people will call you a chicken but we do martial arts for different reasons not just to learn to fight. But if you get to a point to where you can not back down and he wont let you get away then I would have to say first thing. Take his legs out from under him...get him on the ground and then walk away. maybe if you can get him down and show him mercy he will leave you alone from there. I dont know if that will help or not but that would be what I would do first...just try and get him down to the ground but dont go with him

Who would you rather fight. A man that is not afraid to die...Or a man that has nothing left to live for?

I haven't got much experience on this, not much at all.

All tactics described seem nice, but for what I've seen they forget the most important thing about school fights... people trying to stop you from behind.

So while you are going all :kaioken: they grab you with about 5 persons and drag you away, I've had that happen to me a long time ago and it's learned me not to show that I'm about to attack. But I've never been into a high school fight yet, in 10th grade now. Someone was bothering me slightly however, when he tried to squash me in a door portal with two of his friends I just pushed back and I've never been bothered again, I guess it's just a matter of showing your capability. So in your position, beating him up might not be a bad idea, however I really think that the fight won't last any longer than 15 seconds. Either he has backed up or any of you gets pulled away.

The situation in your school might be very different though, actually, this was based on experience from long ago and from what I've heard. Fights just break up real quickly at school.

Just my thoughts on this.

Myth :karate:

Green belt Tang Soo Do. And I love it!

haha no here what happens is, they sit there and talk tough then one guy pushes the other then the other pushes back... while this is happening a circle forms and people start chanting fight... as the chant starts they try and get a hold of each other and take the other down... eventually one guy ends up on top and beats the hell outta the other guy till the teacher walks up and owns him

Brown belt... win trophies... grade... lose trophies... so much fun

Hello,

I believe this thread has probably run its course, so I am going to go ahead and close it. Thanks. :)