• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do you have a meditation technique you are willing to share?

SaiFightsMS

I meditate a lot. But to me it's a balance between the traditional "sit cross legged close your eyes and don't move" (which I do sometimes, so don't get the wrong idea about me) and the chill out factor. I meditate alot mainly because I tend to get colds all the time. And meditation gets me through long periods of headache and congestion. It also helps me calm down when I'm mad or sad. (of course if you don't know this already lol...)

Anyway. The method I think is best for me is to sit down (knees ahead, feet behind, TKD style meditation) and turn on some music (with me it is always classical or orchestra, they really work to get good meditation, as words will distract you somewhat, so know britney spears or whatever lol).

My best scenerio for meditation is imagining myself in soft field with lots of sunlight and shade. I usually imagine that I'm talking with the girl that I'm crazy about. (but too much of a whuss to approach :dodgy: :roll:)

I don't try to understand, it would be a waste of time. Instead I only try to understand.

• 3 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just use one where you breathe in for 4 seconds hold for 2 breathe out for 4 seconds and hold for 2. Just repeat this ten times. This works really nice because you can tell it works to calm the nerves and at the point when I started I was holding a job and going to school so it was pretty hard on the nerves. :smile:

• 4 weeks later...

..man, havent posted for a while..

I use meditation only to improve my concentration, since its pretty bad, ehehhe :mad:.. :sad:...

What I do is half zen (i think, the one where u concentrate on the nasal) and other half somthing i made up :angel: :angel:) while I try to hear myself say it, which is much harder than it seems, ehhehehe. I do this for about 5 minutes before bed.

Then, when I lay down for sleep, i lay as still as I can, kinda like what kickchik does before starting her meditation. After this, I concentrate on the darkness in my eyelids for a moment. After I have myself focusing on the darkness, I bring up the image of a dancing flame on which I try my best to hold my thoughts on.

-Zakorat.... :kaioken:*20!!! (bah, if you watch DBZ, u'll understand...STOP STARING AT ME LIKE THAT!!) :evil: :evil: :evil:

Feel the 'Putt Jattan De' power!!

*Truth is highest, but Truthful living is higher still*

[ This Message was edited by: Zaknafein on 2002-05-17 16:23 ]

Feel the 'Putt Jattan De' power!!

*Truth is highest, but Truthful living is higher still*

• 2 years later...

Zhuan Zhuang training is how I meditate.

Zhuan Zhuang meditation meand "stand long" meditaoin. (also known as standing on stake methods or posting)

Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent and over the knuckle of the big toe, butt tucked in, paraneum pulled up, (this will level the waist) straight spine, shoulders back, headtop suspended, tongue on the roof of the mouth

Stay in this position for 15 minutes to start. breathe in slowly and out slowly. Beging the breath at the base of the spine. This is quite challenging but a good way to meditate and build strength, internal power, and chi flow as well.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."