• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nooooo! I have missed a brilliant opportunity!

Red Triangle student

I have just found out from one of my senseis that I have been asked by non other than sensei Frank Brennan himself to go to a competition that is coming up in England. :karate:

BUT! I am going on Holiday soon and I will miss it! I am only a Brown and Double white belt in Shotokan Karate and this could have been my big chance! I dont know why Sensei Brennan said I could do it. But I am going to miss it anyway!

:kaioken: :kaioken: :kaioken:

"To be elated at success, and dissappointed at defeat, is to be the child of Circumstances."

I wish I followed that rule! ^^ I hate Losing!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you'll get another chance to go some other time.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Thank you, but that is one of the other things that is making it so hard to deal with. He thinks I'm good. Plus it is the National Youth champs and their will be like 1000 contestants probably.

"To be elated at success, and dissappointed at defeat, is to be the child of Circumstances."

• 4 weeks later...

Wouldn't it be nice to see how you compare with 1,000 other people?

Make sure thank him for his suggestion and explain that you have made prior commitments but would love the chance to go next time!

You should talk to the guy and tell him about your plans. He's not God Almighty so you can adress him man to man. I really get ..ssed off when I hear about: "I'm afraid, ashamed .. to talk to a person." He's human too and can understand.

If the contest is really that important and a real opportunity as you've mentioned, delay a bit your holiday.

Lack of comunication can lead to unpleasat situations. Coming forward and explaining respectful a situation is the solution. You can come up with a solution together. Or at least the guy can see you are really serious, but with other commitments

Too late! The competition was weeks ago! I have already been on Holiday!

But no matter I am going to quite a few other competitions this year.