Wise Little Stories

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely - I totally agree that there is always room in life for a beer or 3! (even if this morning I am feeling the after-effects of one too many last night....) Hic! :)

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• 4 months later...

Here are a couple that I like:

gheinisch wrote: "A martial arts student went to his teacher and said earnestly, "I am devoted to studying your martial system. How long will it take me to master it." The teacher's reply was casual, "Ten years." Impatiently, the student answered, "But I want to master it faster than that. I will work very hard. I will practice everyday, ten or more hours a day if I have to. How long will it take then?" The teacher thought for a moment, "20 years."

When I heard this one it ended like this, after the part about 20 years: "With both eyes so focused on the goal, you will have none left to find the way."

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone suggest a book that contains only stories like these?

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

The story I tell after my class is exhausted and just before we enter another session of down low and dirt drills is about the two monks travelling. The young one kept asking, "Are we near yet?" :) and saying, "Can we rest now?" the old mank just kept ignoring him or mumuring "not yet" and continuing on their way.

Finally the young monk sat down on the side of the path and claimed he could go no further, he was stopping for the night.

The old monk said, "Well stop if you must but please don't harrass the tiger that is sneaking up in those bushes." and with that he took off down the path very fast.

It was no surprise to him when the young monk passed him and ran all the rest of the way to the next village.

Next of course, comes lecture #7, your mind is your worst enemy, don't trust your feelings,you can do more than your ever imagined, now next drill 1, 2, ... :)