• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Favourite movie

aefibird

Today I went to a karate course and travelled in a car with 3 kids. One of the kids spent the whole 2 hour-long journey trying to convince me that Kindergarten Cop is the best movie ever (I still don't believe it!).

So... which is your favourite movie? Or which ones do you like the most if you can't pick 1 fave.

My favourites are Shawshank Redemption, Shrek, Richard III (the one with Ian McKellan), Blues Brothers, and Withnail & I.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donnie Darko, Fight Club, Shawshank Redemption as well, Equilibrium, and Saving Private Ryan.

I tend to lean toward the action side :)

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

can i post obscure hk and japanese flicks?

in the mean-time, things you guys haven't mentioned.....

the usual suspects

la confidential

babe

pulp fiction, dogs, kill bill (i don't care what you think, it is ONE film..)

chasing amy

unforgiven

12 angry men

lock stock....

traffic

just a pick from my library to give you an idea of what i watch.

i'm also in the process of collecting the kurosawa collection.

just found out that three of my dvds from hk do not have english subtitles.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

'Braveheart' or 'We Were Soldiers' (both star Mel Gibson). If anyone can watch either movie without gaining an apreciation of where your freedom comes from, and the price paid for it, there is something seriously wrong with them.

Freedom isn't free!

"We Were Soldiers" is really good...and I hate war/military movies as a whole. I don't hate our military or anything, I just hate movies about them...boring as all get out.

I don't like to pick one all-time fave. Here's a list of my all-time faves (in no particular order):

What a Way to Go!

any Doris Day flick

Oceans 11 (original, of course)

Mary Poppins

Princess Diaries (NOT Princess Bride, I abhor 80% of that movie)

Freddie Prinze Jr. Movies (I must admit I have a certain weakness for them, with the exception of "Down To You"...horrific film)

Rumble in the Bronx

Shanghai Noon/Knights

The Man Who Knew Too Little, any decent Bill Murray film

LoTR of course

Orange County

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Pirates of the Caribbean

Frequency

Okay I better stop now...but everything on that list I've either seen at least 3 times or wouldn't mind seeing over and over again.

Current Fave: "Chasing Liberty"

Not exactly the deepest movie in the world, didn't get great reviews, but it's sweet, funny, and c'mon... Matthew Goode. The last name is an understatement, to be perfectly honest. :angel:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

in case i don't see you....

i don't have one favourite.

i don't think it exists.

it's like kids saying that their favourite book is 'harry potter'.

which one?

'all of them.....'

there are too many films that i haven't seen.

i've said this before but it's more like i have favourite moments in films, little camera angles, certain lines, a stunning pan.

like when instead of the penguin, it was marla who takes a drag, exhales 'slide'.

or

the little look morgan freeman gives brad pitt in seven when he says 'ladies and gentlemen, we hae ourselves a homicide'

or

the bit in jfk when kevin costner realises whats going on and his glasses go from reflecting white light, to being clear.

lots of little moments.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

The Fifth Element. Damn good movie. Anyone saying otherwise will be beaten with a large stick. If you are a higher grade than me then go poke a giant in the eyes that will be your punishment.

T.V shows: Faulty Towers and I have a certain affinity for Buffy (the show too, not just Sarah Michelle Gellar :))

Oh, I forgot to mention Rush Hour & Rush Hour 2. I'm not a big fan of Chris Tucker, but Jackie Chan ROCKS!

I also love Dogma. Alan Rickman's Metatron is one of the greatest movie characters avout. Ya just gotta love it!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!