• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I got 2nd! competition in Liverpool.

Hi, recently actually a Saturday the fifth of June, I entered a competition in Liverpool near Sefton Park.

I entered for kata and Kumite. I am a Brown and double White belt. In Kata, I got knocked out in the Quarter Finals. My stances were far too high and short on some moves, I am ususally much better than that. :kaioken:

Anyway, in Kumite it is a whole different story. :) I got adevice off of a more experienced friend and I had been thinking along the same lines too. He told me to stick to basics, Kizame Zuki + Gyaku Zuki. You know, the "One Two". It is highly effective. Well anyway, I beat my first opponent easy using that. He was a Brown and Double White belt. In all of my other fights I had Black belts I beat them,landing myself a place in the semi finals. In the semi final, I had planned it all out. As soon as the ref said "Hijime" I ran at my opponent and Gyaku Zukied him off of the mat. I got an Ippon the first and best of the day. Plus a rouond of applause. In the final I would have won if i had of shouted Kiai but I didnt i hit him lots more times than he hit me, but he won.

I am very pleased with my result. :) :karate:

"To be elated at success, and dissappointed at defeat, is to be the child of Circumstances."

I wish I followed that rule! ^^ I hate Losing!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Congratulations on getting second place! :up:

Even though you didn't do as well as you would have liked then at least you know where your errors were in the kata comp. Better luck for next time.

Oh, if you know of any more comps coming up in the Liverpool/Wirral/N.West England area, then could you let me know please? I'm secretary for my club and always on the look-out for karate competitions for people from my club to enter.

If anyone knows of any competitions in Britain (preferably in the north of England) then if you'd let me know then that would be great! Thanks :)

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Thank you, I do know o a competition coming up in Barnsley in October called the northernm regions, if you get a KUGB year plannner then you can find out most of the goings on.

Pus you get to find out things if you attend courses and ask inportant people. I am lucky, My trainers are very amous people so I have no problem in getting information passed on to me.

That is, i they think I can cope!

"To be elated at success, and dissappointed at defeat, is to be the child of Circumstances."

Congrats dude :karate: You must be very proud of your achievement. just out of interest what kata did you perform in tournament?

The strongest principle in human growth lies in human choice (Alexander Chase).

Thank you, I do know o a competition coming up in Barnsley in October called the northernm regions, if you get a KUGB year plannner then you can find out most of the goings on.

Can you let me have some more info about that comp in Barnsley, please? Is it open to non-KUGB students? As I'm not in the KUGB I can't get a year planner... ;)

I do go on courses and get to know info that way, but it's always good if people from other organisations share stuff with you - that way everyone is kept in the know and there's a bigger range of people at competitions, seminars etc not just the same old faces.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Does anyone reading this come from the Red Triangle?

Edited by Red Triangle student

Trekman, I did a few katas in the tournament. But the one I got knocked out on was Heian Sandan.

Aebird, I do not know i yo would be allowed to compete coming from a different association. But I'm sure you could come and watch.It is on Halloween this year, and I think everyone is welcome.