What do you carry self defense wise?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but the foam ones are enough to do some damage but not enough, thats excatly why im trying to get metal ones. the part of essex i live in i think was voted one of the most dangerous places in the uk.

Nunchuks are illegal to carry in UK unless your going to your dojo, Or they are in suitable casing. I've heard from my sensei that a couple of his students were actually confronted by policemen until they showed them their licenses. Then again the police in the UK are balls.

Shootings are actually quite rare in my part of essex. I've only heard of 2 shootings this year. But alot of people do get stabbed or beaten up. At least severeal times a week. Ilford people seem to think their living in a ghetto. I do know that parts of America are alot worser though. Why do American people feel it's a right to carry a gun. IMO I believe that just creates more gun crimes rather than people protecting themselves.

did you see the videos of that guy being chased around outside his house by a guy shooting at him in green lane?

as for shootings in ilford.

you really should have a look in the local papers more often.

have to remember that they don't tend to tell us until it reaches the courts.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

As for shootings in ilford.

you really should have a look in the local papers more often.

have to remember that they don't tend to tell us until it reaches the courts.

Actually the two shootings I heard about where from my local paper. Although I must admit I haven't read my local paper for ages.

well, i'm up the loxford end.

i get the barking news as well.

lovely........

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Glocks, like anything, gets overated.

I'm not sure how the under or over appriciation of a weapon changes its actual value. Though the 27 is a bit broad for a subcompact (Glock only recently introduced slim-line fhandguns), it's light and reliable. I can use the 13-round clips from my Glock 23 at the range). I'm also very fond of the pull weight/length, and the high hold means that the recoil for my hand pushes more back than down, allowing me to keep tight groupings even at a high rate of fire. Not to mention, Glocks break down for cleaning *extremely* easily.

In all, except for the's bredth making it "bulky" for concealed carry, it's a terriffic firearm.

not that i go against firearms ( im a hunter and own several) but i think to carry one in hopes of killing your attacker is just wrong. in my veiw i think the only pistol i would use would be a small one to kill rabbits and such. but the only time i would really mean to hurt a person with a gun in my entire life would be like... when i am seeing a guy with dynamite strapped to him run at a bus full of kids, and other such instances.