• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What do you carry self defense wise?

A solid steel fountain pen or ball pen (either parker or Schaefer) and maybe an umbrella during raining season. I always make sure it has a good, sharp steel tip.

Regards,

-Steve Delaney

The methods of war become the methods of peace.

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to carry a * load of knives. Awhile back I was big into knife making, and I would carry a hunting style knife and usually two flick knives. The hunting knife in a sheath against my back, and the two flicks in either pocket for a Wolverine-style "CLING".

I don't carry any now, though. Because I pulled a knife on four guys once that I figured I would have had a bad chance of fighting, and they ended up pulling a knife on me. Luckily a cop drove by and broke up the soon to be fight.

The thing is, if somebody tries to mug me, I'm not going to stab them anyways. I'd rather loose the usual eighty bucks from my wallet rather than have to stab someone and take the chance of killing them. Just isn't worth it. And you really really really shouldn't carry a knife unless you're willing to use it. You might run into someone whose willing to use his.

Now and then I carry a BB gun around, not for self defence but because I do a lot of BB gun shooting, and when I'm on the street, there's a good chance I'm walking towards an empty area somewhere to do some target shooting with friends.

I work nights at a gas station with a graveyard on either side of the street. I make a couple extra bucks doing security work, making sure nobody is damaging the graves and stuff. So I carry a 9 inch baton that goes out to 27 inches. I've only had to pull it out a few times. I'm a big guy, and when you see a big guy in the dark you don't know he's a teenager, so seeing a big guy with what looks like a stick, is usually enough to send the high choolers running away.

Keep watching the Hawks

Keep your eyes on the sky

Keep walking the walk

Cause you're never gonna fly

• 2 weeks later...

hey, that's a good idea. apart from the fact that Brass Knuckles are illegal to use as anything other than paperweights.

If in your journey you encounter God, God will be cut

~Hatori Hanso (sonny chiba)

I believe that carrying a weapon is a bad idea , it could be used against you , but if i had a weapon it would proberly be my trusty boe staff , it looks harmless and could be disguised as anything.

the best way to get hit is to not get hit at all

I don't carry any weapons, but I'm not against using what ever is laying around. You guys ever see one of those Cannon-ball movies where a guy is punching a much bigger guy in the gut and getting know-where, then another small guy comes along and racks the guys shins with a 2x4 causing him to bend over then the guy cracks him over the head, knocks him out and looks at the other guy and says " you wouldn't last 2 minutes in New York City".

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

• 3 weeks later...

kubotan on my car keys, (tell people its a peice of rock-climbing equip' if they ask,)

umbrellas make killer jo-staff/shinai with the addition of popping out, just looks stupid if your carrying it on a sunny day!

But i agree with Ryan gry, bo-staves make awsome weapons and can be passed off as walking canes(i dont kow what youd say if its tapered though!!!) but i carry mine on bushwalks all the time.

Oohooh, old-man hook canes would be cool to carry as well.

Osu.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."