What do you carry self defense wise?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally im not too big on the idea of fighting with weapons because as soon as someone busts out a knife or whatever it just got a whole lot more serious and i think unarmed brawls are better(obviously). however this is not dream world and that kinda stuff does happen. i dont really carry around weapons too much. the only things ive carried before(and this was only a couple of times) were either my pocket knife or butterfly knife but i dont live in that bad of a town so its usually not too necessary.

I carry a number of differant weapons in differant situations.

If I'm in the city at night or out in the boonies, I carry my pocket knife. it has great action, a good blade and I have practiced drawing it under stressfull situations many times. I feel most comfortable with this weapon. Also it is very heavy (unusually so for a folder) and can easily be used to hit vital points.

If I am in school or at work I carry a metal tipped, ball point pen. If i notice somthing is out of place or I get the feeling a violent altercations is about to happen, I take it out of my pocket and get ready. I like this because even with the pen cap on, it is still a very effective weaopon. the best part is, pens are legel everywhere :D

In my rear pocket I usually carry a bandana. It's there because, well, Bandanas are usefull. if necissry (this wouldn't be my first choice, but if it came to it...) I could use the bandana to entrap limps, whip eyes (I sewed a cracker into the corner), fill with rocks or change, etc.

If in your journey you encounter God, God will be cut

~Hatori Hanso (sonny chiba)

I like this because even with the pen cap on, it is still a very effective weaopon. the best part is, pens are legel everywhere

Until you use it as a weapon. ;)

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Are Nuchukas legal to carry for self defence in the UK

the short answer, no.

you are allowed to carry them but they have to be a suitable case and out of site

(i.e useless for self defence use cos it would take too long to get them out)

generally, you can carry most martial arts weapons as long as they in a proper case and not obviously identifiable.

this only really matters if anything does happen and you are stopped for any reason.

i.e

if you're going to a class, then its kinda ok.

if you're walking down the high street with a pair of nunchakus in your pocket then....

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

I carry a tactical folder sometimes, but the most effective weapon I carry on a regular basis is my maglite. I have yet to be given a ticket for carrying a flashlight. :D

"let those who shed blood with me be forever known as my brother."