Movies with TKD fighting

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The movie with Jacky Chan - "Who Am I" - a scene where he is on top of a skyscrapper. The first guy is some sort of Chinese fist fighting -no kicks except for a knee or two. The second guy throws no punches whatsoever and is definately TKD. It's an inspiring scene in a way.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

You must see the movie "When Taekwondo Strikes" in which Angela Mao plays the main role. Also appearring in this movie are Sammo Hung, Jhoon Rhee, Ing-Sik Whang, Carter Wong and Biao Yuen.

I haven't seen the movie myself but with a cast like this it sure wouldn't be dissapointing to see the movie. I have heard it's the only movie ever in which Jhoon Rhee, the father of american taekwondo, played in.

Edited by Gyte

"Practising karate means a lifetime of hard work."

~Gichin Funakoshi

Concur!

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

The american team also had Taekwondo practitioners on it...that film has some good sport fight scenes, as you may notice most styles tend to run together when they fight. Of course for Korean Arts in real situations...there are all the Chuck Norris movies, and the very dull IMHO Billy Jack films with Hapkido GM Bong Soo Han.

Long Live the Fighters!

Old School kung fu movies starring the following Tae kwon do experts:

Delon Tan Tao Liang

Cassanova Wong

Dick Wei

Hwang Jang Lee (Wong Chen Li)

John Liu

They always have excellent kicking techniques in there movies.