• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Why people are losing interest in Karate?

Jade

I agree Heian...i really started LOVING karate after my blue belt...it's something that become more and more strong month after month in my adventure in Shotokan. :karate:

Oh btw...some weeks ago we did that demo i was talking about...

The funny thing is that i was talking to the gym owners that watched the entire show(including other martial arts and gymnastic ones) and they said to me that they were happy to have seen a entertaining demostration because usually the karate ones are "boring".

Now...may it be that karate(even in demos) often looks boring???

:-?

"With a bit of imagination, kata can be deadly." - Hidy Ochiai

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad your demo went well Jade. Were there many people there watching?

Maybe the gym owners feel karate demonstrations are 'boring' because there's generally not a lot of flashiness in karate - no bouncing off the walls doing super-duper-triple-spinning-mega-back-flip-reverse-kicks or whatever.

Your demo probably managed to convey the spirit of what karate is about but without being repetetive.

I think that in this short attention span world that we live in, often most people aren't taken with karate because it doesn't always look 'cool'.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Your demo probably managed to convey the spirit of what karate is about but without being repetetive.

I think that in this short attention span world that we live in, often most people aren't taken with karate because it doesn't always look 'cool'.

Yes...probably because we had only 10-15 mins to show...and our instructor menaged to do a bit of basic kihon, kata, kihon for kumite and fee combat.

Well...being in a music bar there were at best one hundred of people...not many if you aim to recruit students...but i'm happy they enjoyed it. :)

"With a bit of imagination, kata can be deadly." - Hidy Ochiai