• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Glucosamine / Chondroitin and tendon cramps in foot ?

EvilTed

... also try consuming a little more salt :o thats supposed to be good for cramps etc.

Bretty,

Are you certain about this? Everything I have read or heard for the last 15 years is that an imbalance in the potasium/sodium level in the body (potasium too low and sodium too high) will create problems with cramping. I am not saying you are wrong, but I would love to see some research supporting salt helping cramping.

Respectfully,

Sorynn

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have absolutley no research to back up or agree with the taking on more salt to help cramps.

It was just something my brother mentioned and he's the kinda person thats usually right about these things.

On the other hand my Girlfriends dad is a professor of food science and he won't even touch salt?!?! :-?

Hope i didn't mislead anyone,

Bretty

I have absolutley no research to back up or agree with the taking on more salt to help cramps.

It was just something my brother mentioned and he's the kinda person thats usually right about these things.

On the other hand my Girlfriends dad is a professor of food science and he won't even touch salt?!?! :-?

Hope i didn't mislead anyone,

Bretty

In a way it does make sense. Salt helps the body retain water. If you are cramping due to dehydration it would make sense.

We need an official ruling here.....Where ia Ninja nurse when you need her????? :P

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

• 4 weeks later...

I talked to someone at my physical therapy and they told me it was dehydration.

Seems that the glucosamine robs water from the rest of the body to add it to the joints, therefore you need to drink more water while taking it than normal.

Thanks

ET