• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

2004 Kyokushin Canadian Championships

Dijita

I just got back from the Canadian Championships in Vancouver, BC.

Wow, what an experience. So many fighters, and wonderful people. I had a blast going to the championships.

I lost my first fight, but I'm not upset in the least. I learned so much, and I fought a great fighter. I fought better than my previous tournements. I was a lot more controlled and I blocked a lot and didn't take a single head kick. My blocking is beginning to become second nature.

It was awe inspring to watch all the other fighters. It's a great feeling to know that so many people come together to compete in something like this. Everyone showed great spirit and should all be applauded.

The men's open division was spectacular. Those guys fought so hard. I've never watched an open division fight before and it was just fabulous. The guy that won was amazing. He ended most of his fights in half the time by scoring an ippon. He landed some nasty knee's and kicks to the face, as well as a strike to someones abdominal area that really winded his competitor. The guy that won the spirit award really deserved it as well. The determination he had, and how hard he fought was very inspirational.

I really enjoyed my trip, and I met some really great people. I also got to shake hands with Shihan Bobby Lowe; wow, what a great person. I love how martial arts is such a tight community no matter where you are from.

If anyone is interested in seeing the official results, here's the link:

http://www.kyokushin.ca/events/21st%20canadians/fighters.htm

:karate:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sounds lke you had fun! Whether with your own, or with other stylists, that is part of what the martial arts is about, to me. Nothing brings folks together quite like beating the crap out of each other! :)

Freedom isn't free!

It's not always about winning or losing a competition. You've won something more important: experience, new friends and an open minded spirit.

Glad you had good time and fought well.

Keep on working hard and one day somebody will talk or write in a forum about you in the same way you told us abut the man who won the male open.

We all start as beginners and admiring somebody and little by little we become the object of admiration for others. It's just pain and sweat :karate:

I think you show good spirit and sportmanship in writing your post.

Usually people post results in turnements only if they win or go close to win.

I'm glad you enjoied yourself and keep going with this spirit :up:

Victories will come I'm sure.

Keep going Dijita :karate:

Glad you had a good time :lol: Is there going to be any broadcasts or tapes of the matches. And also are there any guys at your dojo interested in fighting other styles? Not a whos better thing but a "wow, I could really use that!" thing. :wink:

Donkey

Thank you for sharing your tournament experience with us Dijita! I feel that you really showed true martial spirit in your post - you learned good lessons through your fight, you're philosophical about it, gracious in defeat and determined to keep on training and improving.

I'm glad you had a good time. Are you planning on entering next year?

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!