• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Weights and hormones...

Jack

Hey there,

If someone in their teens does weightlifting, the body uses growth hormones that would normally be used for other things to build muscle, right? So if someone in their teens does weightlifting, they could really lose out in other areas? Anything to help with this?

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
:mad: Is that true ???? I hope not ! But if you think about it there are tonnes of really fit adults who must have done weight training thru their teens and dont seem small or anything. And what is actually better ? Being small but very strong , or tall and weak ?

Empty your mind : be formless, shapeless like water. Now you can put water inot a cup and it becomes that cup. Now water can flow and it can crash. Be water.

no I was just thinking, you could leave it off until you reach the age of 18, then start weight training because by then you've pretty much reached your peak height.

And personally, I would not like to be 5'6" as an adult!

Jack

KarateForums.com

::edit:: Edited by Bon

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Ahaz, yes, that is what I was hinting at...

Bon, thats the testosterone, thats agressiveness and sex drive, but not the growth hormone...

See why I'm worried at doing serious weight training at the age of 14 now? lol I'd rather weight till I've finished "developing" :grin:

Jack

KarateForums.com

im 16 and im doing some pretty serious lifting right now.........i dont think i am gonna grow any more either cuz i have been 5'8 for about 2 years now so i think ive stopped growing.....not cuz of lifting but cuz of genetics

my dad is short and has alot of short people on his side of the family and my mom has alot of tall people on her side so i guess im a hybrid or inbetween

You can boo me if you want, You know I'm right!

-Chris Rock