• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My first karate lesson

italian_guy

I would agree that shotokan is only as 'stiff' as you make it. It can appear that way because, as a vey wide-ranging karate style, there are a lot of bad dojos which stress long immoveable stances and on-the-mark discipline and actually teach nothing. Therefore their practioners can be stiff. But the style in itself is not be defualt stiff.

3rd Kyu - Variant Shotokan

Taijutsu

"We staunt traditionalists know that technique is nowhere near as important as having your pleats straight when you die."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

awesome I did kickboxing before I did goju ryu. Let me give you some advice work the katas hard and spare very little lightly. Be ready to be pleasantly suprised at the level of technical combative expertise put in these kata. Remember a punch is quite often not just a punch in goju. Train hard in kata and you will add a great deal of focus and knowledge to your skills. Chojun Miyagi stated that there are secrets in goju ryu look for them with great vigor. Happy trainning

Kisshu fushin oni te hotoke kokoro

awesome I did kickboxing before I did goju ryu. Let me give you some advice work the katas hard and spare very little lightly. Be ready to be pleasantly suprised at the level of technical combative expertise put in these kata. Remember a punch is quite often not just a punch in goju. Train hard in kata and you will add a great deal of focus and knowledge to your skills. Chojun Miyagi stated that there are secrets in goju ryu look for them with great vigor. Happy trainning

Thanks for the useful advices. :karate: