• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi all

Chang

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
The little dragons program allows them to learn their basics, and different self defense techniques. 3 techniques per belt. They also learn Form 1 in different phases per belt. Also a couple of kicking sets, block sets, universal sets, and elbow sets.

I'm glad he likes it and is doing well. Congrats to the both of you.

Sounds like they have a good childrens program there. You thought about checking out the adult program yet? Warning: kids are the best recruitment tool most martial artsschools have. A lot of parents are brought in from letting them watch the kids class!

Freedom isn't free!

I have been thinking about joining. I think it is a very good style. I watch the classes every time and I learn what my son learns. I take it home and he practices and when he has questions I am able to help him. But knowing what he knows and watching all the new material he gets, make me want to do it, but there is that little thing in the back of my head that makes me nervous....

...knowing what he knows and watching all the new material he gets, make me want to do it, but there is that little thing in the back of my head that makes me nervous....

That's called common sense, but you'll probably get over it! :)

Seriousely, everyone is nervouse from time to time. Just look at the senior students and remember, they all had to start somewhere. Many of them wee probably worse than you (you have a little idea what's going on at least, from watching your son), and they all remember what it was like. That's one of the great things about the martial arts, you mess up, you get help instead of condemnation.

Freedom isn't free!

• 3 weeks later...
:o Well, I recently spoke to the instructor of my son's school, and told him that I will be taking his classes in august. After a lot of thought I figured it will be great for me and my son. I really like being involved with him and joining the adult class I feel will keep him motivated in it. He recnetly just got promoted to a little dragons brown belt. After a yr. and a half of training and practicing it has paid off for him. I was very proud as was he.
"Don't concentrate on the finger or you will lose all heavenly glory."