• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

pylometrics

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ya, try and get leg weights. ***But learn to use them*** Also Use don't need muscle to pack a kick. As your instructor might have told you. Imagine your kicking past your target.

Then add more weight the take is off and you will jump high, kick hard, and all that.

There are many plyometric (explosive) exercises you can do to improve your jump height. But to be honest most involve jumping on and off of things and are a bit dull.

I find short sprints and running up large flights of steps 1/2/3/4 steps at a time far more easier to include in a training schedule and more beneficial.

The thing that has improved my jump height beyond any training method was to losing about 20lbs in body weight. :lol:

Bretty

I'm somewhat against jump squats and weighted jumps, due to the stress they put on the knees. But jumping on and off of things is about the only way to go with plyometrics. Sprinting up stairs can help somewhat, but you have to train to do whatever it isyou want to do. Lifting weights trains you to lift weights, not jump higher. You have to jump to train to jump.

Wolverine

1st Dan - Kalkinodo

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a q-tip"

"There is no spoon."