• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

facing Your Fears

XeDa

As i have come along in my training i have had many fears. Bullies, the dark, home alone, Aliens from outer space :) . But one thing is certain that i have faced my fear and i wanna talk a little about that.

I used to be afraid of the dark, as my parents were out of town one night i remember what my Sensei said "Face your fear,and the will all be obliverated". That night i got up walked around the house looked around every corner. That night was the last night i was afraid of the dark.

My Shihan said "Fear is like tiny monsters inside of you, Waiting to rip you apart. But you can't let that. There may be small monsters like a test, then there are big monsters like the dark, or bullies. But Just Stand Up To each and everyone of them and they will vanish."

Face you fear. Dont let the monsters inside of you win. Fight back.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i was afraid of the dark when i was 10 and i still am, i just cant help it when im alone and im watching "the suicide club" at night or when im playing silent hill 3

I have an extreme fear of rejection. I'll set myself a task of being rejected at least once by the end of the week.

World famour for idiotography

6th Kyu Wado Ryu

5th Gup Tang Soo Do

1st Dan Origami

Good post Ramymensa.

Trying to overcome your fears and not be consumed by them is a key to attaining happiness and fulfilment in life.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

This reminded me of the other week at training when a giant moth kept following me whilst doing solo kata practice! I kept jumping mid -kata, and must of looked a complete fool! But the moth was so big and hairy it looked just like a spider :o

I know its irrational but there is no way I am going to go near a huge insect to overcome my fear. Unless maybe I get hypnotised - that sounds like a stress -free way of overcoming a fear! Otherwise I'll have to learn to live with it I guess.

"Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals . . . except the weasel."

- Homer J Simpson

• 3 weeks later...

I am ceratinaly trying to overcome the fear of constantly sparring one of my sempai's at class. However it is easier said than done.

The strongest principle in human growth lies in human choice (Alexander Chase).

I completely agree with the o.p. I was terrified of teaching, and even though i waso nly required a couple classes at first, i made myself cover everyne's shift if they couldn't teach. I think the whole immersion process made it so i realized i don't have time to be afraid. and even if i am afriad, then it's a waste to avoid my fears that are necessary to my well-being. (i'll be a paid teacher in Sept. go me. passed my certification!) Spiders, on the other hand, are different. i run like hell. =)

Dee C.

Normal ( 'nor-m&l)-

an adj. used by humans to stereotype