• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Best legal weapon

Sho-ju

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I would have to second the walking cane. While a knife is very effective when used correctly(or incorrectly for that matter) it can do a great deal more damage then a cane in most instances. With a cane, one can subdue or knockout the assailant without doing permanent damage. Not to mention the grappling possibilities with a short staff/cane.

SiK---Joshua

There are no limits.

actually, if you get into a fight with someone, no matter what state you are in and if its not in your house or your property, and the person you're fighting doesnt have a weapon, then you are guilty of a class something felony, and will have at least a 1 year sentence. even if you use a cane against someone whos unarmed, you'll be charged

Joshua Brehm

-When you're not practicing remember this; someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet them, they will beat you.

• 3 weeks later...

Of course, there's always the law to think about

But personally, I like a knife. I didn't like knives much until about a uear ago, I met one instructor who studied Filipino blade fighting and it blew my mind how fast and precise he was in his techniques.

"By the time I was fifteen, I became a white belt."

The jacket + knife, (or my own preference, backpack with a few books in it and a knife) combination has got to rank as my personal favorite. The jacket or back pack can help absorb the force from knives and long, blunt weapons while the knife snakes around offensively.

More simply, the bag or jacket can be used to screen and distract the opponent. Since the knife's key strength is that it requires only a very small opening to inflict devastating wounds, this can be made very useful with some practice.

The use of skateboards as a weapon is fairly common here, as are knives. I suspect that it is important to be able to block heavy blows at the same time as countering. That's considerably more difficult if you don't have a shield.