31 members have voted

1. 1. How do you pay for your training?

• I don't, I train for free
    • Each lesson
    • Weekly
    • Monthly
    • Yearly
    • Other

I've just been reading the "Help, have I been ripped off?" thread and it got me thinking. How do people pay for their lessons? It seems that most people on this forum who are from the US pay monthly or have a yearly contract, but many MA clubs in the UK have a 'pay per lesson' thing going on. What do you do?

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have a choice of paying for 3, 6 or 12 months. The cost per month goes down as the term lenghtens. I usually pay for 3 months, for both my son and me. It's mostly a cash flow thing.

I used to pay about 40/month. I've payed as much as 60. My school is free now though.

Wolverine

1st Dan - Kalkinodo

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a q-tip"

"There is no spoon."

I'm lucky, been training for free for over four years.

I should have said very lucky.:)

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

I think the last class I paid for myself was back in 1980 or so, but I charge my students $40/month. I've taught for free several times, but found that when people don't pay, most don't come. No money, no value syndrome I think.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

I pay per lesson, but have choice to pay monthly. However my instructer's rates are very cheap and he only charges the the minimum amount needed to rent out the hall.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

from what i have seen, the norm here is that you pay a small upfront fee for 'membership', usually about £40-60 that is to cover insurance costs and clerical stuff.

classes are then paid on a per lesson basis, with non members paying a little more than members.

another way i have seen is that you pay a monthly rate, again about £30-45 and then you turn up to as many classes as you want to.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Here you pay 10€ a training, 165€ for four months and about 400€ for one year

We have 3 trainings a week with 20 other students on average and a really good sifu that guides us, all and all a pretty good deal i think

btw i pay for four months.

So there you got all the numbers :)