• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Running

cross

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I try to run three times a week. Twice during the week I run 3-5 miles and on the weekend I do 5-7 miles.

Translation

http://www.runnersweb.com/running/km_miles.html

That's about 4.8 - 8km, and 8-11.3km. I can do 8km in about 45 minutes (9 minute miles/5:35 min km). You use minutes right? J/K :lol:

I like the km version. It just sounds so much faster and farther. :D

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

• 3 weeks later...

I hardly ever go running, it really hurts my knees and ankles. If I do, its 2 - 3 km at the gym, but usually I prefer uphill fast walking, its alot kinder on your joints!

"Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals . . . except the weasel."

- Homer J Simpson

Depends how much time I have etc., I usually go about 4 miles at 8 minutes/mile, I try to do enough longer runs that I can run 10km (6.3 miles) completely comfortably...

... though I actually ran 26.2 miles in the London Marathon 5 years ago. Needless to say I did a lot more running in the build up to that!

Currently: Kickboxing and variants.

Previously: Karate (Seido, Shotokan, Seidokan), Ju Jitsu, Judo, Aikido, Fencing.

I usually spend my time training, instead of running.

Seriously, if I want to build up my stamina for something, I personally simple work on the actual activity (unless general calisthenics are concerned). I like hitting the heavy bag (sometimes until my knuckles are splitting and my feet get blisters), sparring, performing kata to exhaustion, etc.

If I had more time, I would run more. One of the last times I ran, I ran a good, strenuous eight miles - about several months since the last time I ever ran.

I will admit - I do bicycle alot because I don't have a car. Sometimes about 10 miles a day (let's see: 3 to school, 3 back, 2 to gym, 2 back).

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

I take an easy jog on Saturday mornings and cover about 2 miles (3.33 km) in 20 minutes. It is not very far or fast, but I use it to help my body recover from the prior weeks training.

• 4 weeks later...

In a perfect world, I would run 5km three times a week in 20-30 minutes. But I hate running, so I haven't been in that training routine for months.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

When I first started I didn't care for it. I convinced myself it would make me a better martial artist. I really thought it would help me on tests to get through the tough physical/mental challenges. So I started. My attitude was just like TDA has on his signature:

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

Well the benefits have been worth it. When I start to run I try to get into a state of mind like mushin. I can definitely say that I can achieve this every time for some period of the run. It has really paid off cardio wise as well as I rarely "suck wind" in class. It just took a little perseverance.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

• 4 weeks later...