• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wish me luck!...Testing this weekend.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This is a moment where you will experience something that will be worthy to write down in your diary. :lol:

Truly.. I think that moments like this test is when you can challenge yourself to do your best, and shine!...... because if you do your best, what more can you ask of yourself?

Good skill to you.. I'm not going to wish you luck, because you won't need that.. you'll need skill.

My spirit is never daunted by training, but sometimes my body begs to differ.

Good luck, that test will be yours for the conquering!!

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

do some meditation to relax and ready your mind

you will do fine, we all believe in you

you made it this far and you have trained hard over the years

the only thing that will get in your way is your own mind, and you just need to calm it down and focus on the task at hand, tell us all about the great job you did when you come back

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

Well, I am back, I am sore and tired beyond belief, and I honestly don't think i could ever capture everything that happened and went through my mind this weekend.

We trained for two days straight through, morning to night, and the testitself startedat about 10 PM Sat night. The test concluded between 1:30 and 2:00 AM, and it was after 3:00 AM before I was in bed that night, then back up for some more relaxed (mostly mental) training early on Sunday morning. I didn't get much sleep , but it was more than worth it.

I felt like I did well at the test itself, but I will find out for sure in a couple of weeks. I messed up my sword form once, but did it again and it felt solid.

I think that overall I was prepared, so there really wasn't anything that threw me for a loop, although it was a long and tough weekend, and I am feelingthe after-effects now :)

The most humbling part for me was having the opportunity to watch more senior masters test for higher ranks, and seeing how much I truly still have to learn, even after all this time.

I received several nice compliments from some of the masters on the test panel after it was over, so that is encouraging.

More than anything, though, I learned a tremendous amount to bring back and share with my students, particularly regarding forms. Anyone who thinks the techniques in forms have no practical applications hasn't met some of the masters I had the opportunity to watch and work with this weekend. There was some truly amazing stuff that will force me to look at my forms even more deeply that I had been over the last couple of years.

I think I'll actually need to reflect on it for a few days before it all starts to sink in.

All in all, it was fun. If I was successful, I'll be promoted at our World Championships in July, and if not, I'll do it all again next year.

I'm fairly confident that I performed very well, but I don't want to be overly confident until I receive the "official" word.

Thanks for your support, everyone! It has been an experience I'm sure to never forget. It will be very nice to be able to just train a nd learn from the senior masters next year, though, without the pressure of testing (provided that I did, in fact, pass).

Yeah, we (BTSD) were pulling for you guys while we took it easy in class on Thursday and Sunday... sipping lemonade and doing some advanced hammock meditation.

I'm sure you guys both did an excellent job, and I hope to see your promotion ceremony in Orlando! :)

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

sounds good

Keep us informed

good job, your a tough one!

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"