• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

To Swim or to Jump Rope?

I agree, plus swimming is more relaxing and you can think at the same time - makes me more inclined to do it for longer. Although jumping rope could be beneficial as well, think of your joints! Unless you want horrible clicky, creeky knees :D

"Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals . . . except the weasel."

- Homer J Simpson

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think swimmings great. It's like moving normally, but more resistance. Go with mans best substance, H2O

World famour for idiotography

6th Kyu Wado Ryu

5th Gup Tang Soo Do

1st Dan Origami

If you're in a full contact art like Muay Thai - I highly suggest swimming as a means of giving your joints a benificial exersize that will save them for the fights.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

Wait, jump roping can hurt my joints?

Yeah, but so does martial arts. Its all about choices. Swimming is considered a low impact exercise as compared to jumping rope meaning less stress on your knees, ankles, and feet. Ironberg makes a good point. IMO you should do both and reap the benefits of well balanced cross-training.

Now since you first posted, what have you been doing?

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.