blaze78_9

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(this will probably be moved to the health + fitness section) To get a body like a bodybuilder is pretty much impossible unless you not only lift weights in a certain manner, but follow a strict diet as well. So, don't worry about looking like Arnold Schwarzenegger just from doing a couple of pushups every evening. Now, I'm sorry, but I don't believe that there's any way of building your strength without having your muscles get bigger. I'm not really sure what you're looking for, but I am relatively strong for my age and size, but I don't look like the increduble hulk. If you want to just look "fit" instead of "strong", then I suggest you do a lot of swimming, running or jump roping, and maybe do a few pushups every now and then, or if you want to, lift light-weight dumbbells (maybe start with a 20-40 lbs set).

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

Unless your diet is set up to bulk and cut, you're not going to get like a bodybuilder. You'll get a bit bigger from lifting weights, but it takes a LOT of dedication and strict dieting/training to attain THAT look.

Wolverine

1st Dan - Kalkinodo

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a q-tip"

"There is no spoon."

You would have to lift weights very hard and seriously before you would get a bodybuilders type body. Not to mention steroids. I would lift weights anyway if you want strength. You would be surprised at how much strength you can gain and your muscles may get a little bigger but not a lot. Try doing kata or forms with light weights.

Yes this will be moved to health and fitness. And generally body weight exercises are what you are looking for. Think of a gymnast. They have a great amount of strenght without mass and definately do not lack speed.

having big muscles does not make u slower if u also work on your speed as gaining those big muscles. If u just wanna get fit or cut, i recommend u do push-ups and situps daily. You could also do high reps of light weights.

- A coward dies a thousand deaths, A warrior dies but once.

- No matter how strong the wind is, The mountain cannot bow to it.

Everyone is right on with this one. Don't worry about looking like the FLEX guys or WWE/WWF guys... they are, for the most part, chemically assisted. The human body evolved to protect man from starvation. This is why when you deplete your caloric intake, your body will catabolize muscle tissue to feed the body before it uses stored fat reserves. Man was not meant, in the whole time of our existence, to maintain enormous muscle size. It's simply not something your body can maintain naturally. Then came steroids. Now man can keep his muscle by chemically forcing the body to use fat stores and carb intake. Look at the nutritional programs of bodybuilders. 6,000 to 7,000 calories A DAY???? Even working out 2-3 hours a day, that kind of diet will make you or I look like Rosie O' Donnell. But the bodybuilders (drug assisted ones) need that fuel to feed the muscles they have, otherwise the body will go into starvation mode. Don't fear, lifting weights and eating right will not make you a behemoth. It will, make you look lean and strong, and improve your performance in any kind of sport or MA. But stick a needle in your butt, and you'll look more like a freak show than a healthy human being.

Mixed Martial Artist