• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

refilling a punch bag

ad

i currently have a fabric machine filled bag, weighing at 30kg, which is roughly 76 pounds. ive had for about 4 years now, and it has become very soft and im now considering of refilling it. I was wandering if any of you knew what i should put in this bag in order to make it harder and more stable. Ive already tilted it upsided down and now rolling on the floor to spread the contents more evenly, but since i dont have any spare machine filling fabric, ive decided to use rags and remains of clothing to fill it, but is that a good idea and should i just get a new bag?

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I've never refilled a bag like you are talking about, but I have made my own. Rags work ok, but you should put them on the inside, at the core, if possible. They tend to get a little lumpy at the outer edge of the fill. Also, I'd be careful about overfilling a bag, as you'll put more stress on the seams.

Freedom isn't free!

My absolute best bag was my military duffel bag that i converted to a punching bag. I filled it with a mixture of sand and mattress foam (cut up into itty bitty pieces). Dang thing weighed a ton, but it was great. I put an extra layer of foam and foam fragments at the bottom of the bag, knowing that sand would eventually succumb to gravity.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro