• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

basically kickboxing is american and uses boxing punches and karate kicks(usually above the waist only).

Muay thai is from thailand and uses punches, elbows, knees and kicks to all levels including the well known roundkick to the thigh.

basically kickboxing is american and uses boxing punches and karate kicks(usually above the waist only).

Muay thai is from thailand and uses punches, elbows, knees and kicks to all levels including the well known roundkick to the thigh.

This is true but doesn't cover the entire subject. Because there are some type of kickboxing rules that allows low kicks (round kicks to legs) and some other (like K-1) that allows also knee strikes... Some of the preparation has also merged so I think today Muay thay is an extreem form of kick boxing.

• 1 month later...

muay thai is not an extreme form of kickboxing if any thing kickboxing is a form of muay thai witch is just less extreme and kickboxing dosent use just boxing punches ever seen mike tyson use a spinning back fist in fact boxers cant use the back of the glove at all

muay thai is not an extreme form of kickboxing if any thing kickboxing is a form of muay thai witch is just less extreme

Whatever.... :)

kickboxing dosent use just boxing punches ever seen mike tyson use a spinning back fist in fact boxers cant use the back of the glove at all

This is true but how much do you use the back of the glove?

I never did during actual sparring.

muay thai is not an extreme form of kickboxing if any thing kickboxing is a form of muay thai witch is just less extreme

Whatever.... :)

kickboxing dosent use just boxing punches ever seen mike tyson use a spinning back fist in fact boxers cant use the back of the glove at all

This is true but how much do you use the back of the glove?

I never did during actual sparring.