• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shorei

italian_guy

wado_lee, you should look into the 'soft' aspects of the arts you are already training. They may offer everything you need, just might take you more time to find what you are looking for.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Just make sure that it is actually Tai Chi as martial art, not as "slowrobics." :D There is a "drop in" Tai Chi class offered through campus rec here at CU Boulder, and after giving it a try, I found out that the instructor is someone who took a weekend "how to teach Tai chi for fitness and fun" class (or something like that), and is actually an aerobics instructor. :(

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

I guess it depends why you want to do it. But just like anything else watch the class first to decide if its a sutable place for you to train, weather it be for fitness or as a martial art.

wado_lee, you should look into the 'soft' aspects of the arts you are already training. They may offer everything you need, just might take you more time to find what you are looking for.

thanx for the advise i' in no rush i feel it there is enough in my training to offer softer side........... but im open minded enough to take out the things that are relevant to me and my style of MA and leave behind for the time being the things i either dont understand or agree with

theres no one style just your style---------

Equaninimus is correct. There are all sorts of these weekend sifu guys running around. My friend has been studying the Yang Short and Long Forms for 15 years along with the combat applications. He is a student of Willy Lim in Scottsdale, AZ. Very cool to watch them move. Very strange to feel them hit you or check you. It feels like running into a mountain.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

I see that now my shorei topic has become a Tai chi topic... Anyhow can someone tell me more about shorei?