• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Back strength, important?

Rich_2k3

Is upper and lower back strength important in martial arts?

I dont put much emphasis on my back area when working out, dont really know any good exercises and dont want to do them wrong, could cause problems if u now what I mean.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Yes, that is correct I do 300 sit ups every monring, and 100 push ups evry afternoon, i can only do about 34 push ups then have a break then start again, but sit ups I can do 98, then have a break then do again, I have good abs not as good as peter adrea, mystrious girl I wanna get close to you, I wanna show you mines.

A karate punch it is like a dasvasted stick blow. Instead, a blow of Kung Was is comparable to a lash with a chain that has attacked, allaltra extremity one ball of ferro

Traiining with upper and lower body help your fitness, cope with injury etc etc.

is very imporatatn I do these every weeks that why in my high school am the best kicker and know for my torando kick.

A karate punch it is like a dasvasted stick blow. Instead, a blow of Kung Was is comparable to a lash with a chain that has attacked, allaltra extremity one ball of ferro

lay on your stomach with your arms forward and your legs strait.

(like super man)

lift your chest and legs off the ground as high as you can go and hold for like 10 seconds and drop. repeat.

work your back. If you throw it out you will be laid out for like a month.

Tip #1 blocking with your face makes them think they are winning!

I'm with Jon13 on this one.

I really believe if your gonna do a million situps a week you gotta strengthen your back to! The exercse Jon13 described is a really good one. If you concentrate on just one exercise and don't train the antagonistic muscles your just gonna have an imbalance and put more strain on your joints.

I'm not sure how 'important' back strength is in martial arts, I guess it depends what art you do. For the grappling arts I would imagine its very important.

I do a lot of weight lifting and really like the support the extra muscle gives me in the back and my postures better to. I do dead lifts and rowing/lat work. all good!

Bretty

Doing the exercise that john13 described along with an ab routine will give you a solid "core" which is great for MA since so much depends on stances, posture, moving your center, and building power from the ground up.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

"Core" Strength, as it is commonly referred to, is important for good living, not just martial arts.

Consider that most people at some point in their lives endure lower back pain, and how little most people do to remedy it.

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

"Core" Strength, as it is commonly referred to, is important for good living, not just martial arts.

Consider that most people at some point in their lives endure lower back pain, and how little most people do to remedy it.

Good post.... :D

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

Muscle tone is important to supporting all joints, and your back has a whole bunch of critical ones. It also gets a lot of stress put on it, so I'd say developing back strength is an important part of an overall fitness program. I'm with Red, tom, Bret, and jON.

Freedom isn't free!