• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shodan grading

ESA-Shotokan

Hi there. Some of you may know from my previous posts that I am soon to grade with the KUGB to Shodan (hopefully) and then to take the grading again with the ESA, as the standards are very different.

Well that has changed now, as my ESA sensei has advised he will honour my KUGB grading should I pass, so I have to admit I am very much excited about that now :)

It is on 21st March this year, so I just can't wait!!

:)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Good luck on the test. That's actually the one-year anniversary of me testing for my Sho Dan Ho. Again, good luck. And remember: BLOCK YOUR RIBS, OR YOU'LL END UP JUST LIKE ME.

Shodan test I took mine May of 1996. Wow.

Go hard, stay low, keep focus, and remember you have free sparring last. Gosh I was so tired by the time I had to spar. I sparred for 30mins. First 10 or 15 I did good. The next 10 I was taking it. The final few I was haning on for dear life. LOL

Good luck I have the FSKA standards and the JKA requirments if you need some advicer or help just email or pm me.

Goood luck

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Shodan test I took mine May of 1996. Wow.

*sigh*...Champ, you're such a newbie! j/k :D

I took my shodan test in June of 1978 before the head of the system. Scared the heck out of me, but I didn't know (or expect) that I was being tested at the time. I just did what Sensei Kuda asked.

Anyway, good luck ESA-Shotokan...now the training will start for real! :brow:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

For my shodan, we did a regular class and then graded. Total time was about 2 hours with the 'grading' lasting only about 25 min. (It was a sensei from the KUGB Scotland.)

I switched sensei and dojo, trainned and graded for my nidan. It lasted 4 hours and didn't have a 'grading' according to a syllabus.

Good luck, the road is long and hard.

Shoju

I originally took the Shodan grading last July (2003) and managed to pass the Kihon and Kata parts, and all with a torn cartilage in my knee! I was done in and in too much pain to perform the kumite correctly so I only have to do the kumite for the next part; which has to be a bonus :)

Thank you all for the good wishes :)