• Unbelivable 11/10
    • Perfect 10/10
    • Excellent 9/10
    • This is so cool dojo 8/10
    • As I expected 7/10
    • My dojo is alright 6/10
    • This dojo need more equipment 5/10
    • My dojo need a bit of a cleanning 4/10
    • My dojo is not very safe, My dojo is raciest, I get injured some people die, its boring 2/10 - 0/10

Hi

A karate punch it is like a dasvasted stick blow. Instead, a blow of Kung Was is comparable to a lash with a chain that has attacked, allaltra extremity one ball of ferro

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey, good poll. But this would be better in general MA.

Anyways, my dojang/dojo is cool. I clean it, so I know it's clean. It has enough "toys." :D And it's pretty safe and non-political.

BUT I don't like the rotating schedule. I wish we did certian things more often. But all in all, it's a good place to train :)

Laurie F

the dojo here on base is pretty small, room for about 20 maybe, matted floors, little room for onlookers, many punching bags and equipment...mirrors on one wall and various oriental flags on the walls....pretty nice overall.

My original dojo back home was hard wood floors, with double the room yet no equipment due to the fact that we shared the building with the american legion.

my instructors own personal dojo in another town was double the other size, matted floors, lots of punching bags, weapons, trophies and an area for onlookers...it was nice....

the dojo where i trained off base in california was a small studio with punching bags and some various things to make the instructor look good, over all i didnt' like it,

the dojo on base in the same town was very small with matted floor, very poor quality only about 4 people could work out in there

the dojo on base in idaho was also matted floor, rooom for 20 with mirrors, some broken punching bags, not too great....

my friends personal dojo in ohio was very small room for me and him to practice stone floor, thin walls that got broken, lots of weapons and trophies, too small for anything big...or even kata....just nice for us to work out in

the dojo off base here in misawa is huge, a very large building that the japanese have specifically for the martial arts.....must be nice to have community backing to help support the arts.....

my ideal dojo when i stop traveling the world is a rather small buildign in the mountains, maybe holding 20 to 30 , wood or stone floor, old school striking apparatuses, weapon racks, and outside obstacle courses and various rooms of different trainings....

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

Yeah, me too my dojo is a good size but we wish it could be better, are equipment has ben better over the past 7 months that I have been.

Thanks granmasterchen for talking about your dojo,

thanks to karatekid my favourite sensei for moving the post.

A karate punch it is like a dasvasted stick blow. Instead, a blow of Kung Was is comparable to a lash with a chain that has attacked, allaltra extremity one ball of ferro

My dojo is pretty killer it large enough to hold a class of 40 students but it needs some mats and a more martial feel to it. It is always clean, safe and a excellent place to train.

Kisshu fushin oni te hotoke kokoro

My Aikido dojo is great with lots of lovely thick mats (a bonus when you end up on your butt/face/side every 30 seconds). It's very small though. There were 10 of us & Sensei there today and it was quite crowded.

My Karate dojo is good, but a bit 'run-down'. That's not really our fault - we hire the room and its up to them to do all the improvements, really, although 4 of us spent a week-end repainting the dojo and changing rooms last summer. My Sensei spent a day doing some replastering work on the walls (it was either that or wait for the owners to do it... hmm, look at the flying pig!!). The room is clean enough (I know, 'cos I'm the one who cleans it) and we have loads of equipment, much of which Sensei has actually made himself.

Sensei is actually looking at trying to hire somewhere else to train, but all the places he's looked at so far are either c**p or expensive or both. :(

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I have two Dojos both are good. Kickboxing dojo is in a Gym it is clean and has lots of equipment. The tai chi chuan is more a traditional style dojo but is also well equipped and furnished.

Very big could hold about 40-50 tops, thats not including the stage. Quite clean floor, abit of dust. Good Dojo.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee