• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

More than one style

If you train in more than one style of martial art, then how often do you train in each of your styles?

At the moment I train in Shotokan 4x per week (one of those where I teach), freestyle self defence is 1x per week and Aikido is 1x or 2x per week (my Aikido dojo is miles away from where I live and takes me ages to get there).

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I train jujitsu twice a week and and kendo twice a week. I manage to visit my shotokan dojo about once a month, but I wouldn't say I'm really training in shotokan any more - I don't have the time and the dojo is far from home. I just go about once a month so I don't forget everything; I'm not really learning anything new.

I've also started freestyle shinai fighting once a week; but thats more like fun than training.

This is apart from training at home, of course.

Edited by Tal

shotokan karate nidan

jujitsu shodan

kendo shodan

Fu 24 Tai Chi

Chen TCC (Lao jia)-first form 5X

Chen TC Bang

Chen Staff 3X

Chen Spear

Chen Sabre 3X

Chen sphere

Fu Yang Bagua

Fu Yin Bagua

300 punches on Sandbag

Wing Chun Dummy

Chum Kiu (3X)

Siu Nim Tau 10 - 15 min.

My main style is Wing Chun (Leung Sheung's Classical), so I practice the other styles on a regular basis.

Good luck!

Marty

Good luck.

If the 2 arts you train are differant meaning they don't have the same kata then its one thing but I tired to do some TSD in college that did the Phian froms which are just differant than our Heian forms and I could not well I did not try real hard to convert between the 2. lol.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I traind twice a week, and trained everyday at home my own style i called it am full of nature.

A karate punch it is like a dasvasted stick blow. Instead, a blow of Kung Was is comparable to a lash with a chain that has attacked, allaltra extremity one ball of ferro

aefibird, self control is nice!

By train, do you mean classes or workout sesssions?

Either way, mine varries depending on what I want or need to concentrate on. I try to work out every day, and usually get in some of everything. I sometimes have to choose which classes I'll miss due to other commitments. It's the price you have to pay to play as much as you want.

Freedom isn't free!