• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

where does your nickname come from?

Drunken Monkey

my name is Peter Klein. my first name on the i-net was PKlein007.yes i know its childish ;) then my nick evolved into kle1n over the years.its my bad luck that klein small in german though.but who cares ;)

Be everything. Be nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buslady comes from the fact that I owned VW buses back in 1989, my friend in Tampa(my first internet pal) gave me the nickname and it's stuck ever since. I've owned a '69, '71 and two Vanagons. but in 1994 i became a bus driver.

I dont have any VWs anymore, miss em all!

Buslady of SoCal

I have many nicknames, actually. But I chose this one cuz it was more related to martial arts, since this is a karateforum.

I was at school, in some boring lesson.. so I drew sketches of swords, sais, and other kobudo weapons. And then a guy who was sitting in front of me turned around on his chair and asked me:

'hey you, umm.. you like.. deadly asian weapons??' (lol! "deadly asian weapons"! :roll: hahaha!) :D I said: 'Yes, in fact I do'.

And then he said:

'ohh...ok, um.. that's interesting, cuz I thought girls didn't like stuff like that'.

I said: 'Well, you see, I practice karate, so..that's why..too'. And he was like: 'omg, karate? geezh, i'll stay away from you then!'. Then he stood up and walked out of the class, and then turned around instead and said: 'just kidding'. I said: 'I know, lol!'.

And.. a few days later, he saw me in the coridor again and said to his friends: 'hey! it's that... martialgirl!'. :D :lol: lol!

And.. well, that's how I got my nickname.

Kill is love

Mine came from the name I use on the radio. The Last name "Young" was given to me by my first Program Director, and it stuck with me for every station I worked at. I got out of radio for a brief time in the mid-90's, and a firend of mine, who knew me by my radio name kept calling me by that name. one day I said, you know you don't have to call me that anymore, I don't work in radio, and he said I would be "forever Young". One of my favorite songs is Forever Young by the group Alphaville, and it just sort of stuck. The 001 came from Yahoo, because "foreveryoung" was already being used at the time I signed up for an email account. It's just sort of stuck ever since, and now I'm back in radio and back with my old radio name

Student: "Why did you hit that guy with a chair? Why didn't you use your karate?"

Master: "Hitting him with a chair was the only karate I could think of at the time."

Lesson: Practice until you don't have to think.

Mine came from the name I use on the radio. The Last name "Young" was given to me by my first Program Director, and it stuck with me for every station I worked at. I got out of radio for a brief time in the mid-90's, and a firend of mine, who knew me by my radio name kept calling me by that name. one day I said, you know you don't have to call me that anymore, I don't work in radio, and he said I would be "forever Young". One of my favorite songs is Forever Young by the group Alphaville, and it just sort of stuck. The 001 came from Yahoo, because "foreveryoung" was already being used at the time I signed up for an email account. It's just sort of stuck ever since, and now I'm back in radio and back with my old radio name

hey, "Forever Young"! a song from one of my favorite goups, Alphaville! :) cool...

Kill is love

• 1 month later...

During the ol' modem BBS days, in which i used to run a modem BBS service that hosted discussion board roleplaying games, a character i roleplayed in the BBS was nicknamed White Warlock, after he was subjected to some wild magic that caused his complexion to lighten and all his hair to whiten.

hah.. you use to run a bbs too..?? waaaaah, that was back in the days.. early-mid 90's. what were you running back then, wwiv?

..sorry to be off-topic guys, but just a bit of nostalgia hit=)

-- iRON DUCKEE

I was a police k-9 handler for the local Sheriff's office before leaving and dawg is how most people refer to a k-9 in ok.

A computer beat me in a game of chess once but it was no match for me in a kickboxing match