• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

biceps and chests workouts

risingdragon

i know about those things already its just that i don't have like 45 lb dumbbells to work my biceps out. plus i need more chest execrise since it can help strengthen the power of a person punch.

Another misconception: although heavy weights and low reps can cerainly help bicep growth, so can high reps with light weights. That is, as long as you do other exercises which involve the biceps such as chinups, pullups, rows, and squats (yes, squats help build overall strength and muscle). In order to build your punching strength and speed, you need to do fast reps and lighter weights. Fast reps work the fast-twitch muscle fibers and will help your speed. Benching heavy and slow will increase overall power, but you may lose some speed if that's all you do.

Buy a pair of 25 or 30 pound hex dumbbells at a sporting goods store (probably set you back like 25 bucks) and use those for bi work. Instead of doing regular standing or seated curls, add some stress by doing incline curls (sitting with the bench back at a 45 degree angle and curling from there) or by doing preacher curls. Trust me, you don't need to use 45 pounders to get nice biceps. There is also a bicep muscle UNDER the main bicep, and it's hard to hit that one with standard curls. You have to do palm down or hammer curls to hit that, and it will also increase bicep size. Just switch your arm workouts around and you'll build some mass.

Mixed Martial Artist

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
i know about those things already its just that i don't have like 45 lb dumbbells to work my biceps out. plus i need more chest execrise since it can help strengthen the power of a person punch.

Another misconception: although heavy weights and low reps can cerainly help bicep growth, so can high reps with light weights. That is, as long as you do other exercises which involve the biceps such as chinups, pullups, rows, and squats (yes, squats help build overall strength and muscle).

while most of that is true, part is false. high reps and low weights will only build muscle endurance - unless you are weak to begin with. That is defitnitely not an efficient way to build size.

On a side note, nobody has mentioned eating. The biceps are small... you won't gain any significant size in them unless you are feeding them - biceps are among the hardest muscles of the body to increase the size of.