• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

biceps and chests workouts

risingdragon

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Push ups, shadow boxing (Although I think that is more to do with endurace) and I think sit ups might help your chest.

Only in sadness can you find happiness. Only in death will you find life.

https://www.exrx.net

The best kind of mass building exercises utilize compound movments; meaning that they target more than one muscle movement. For arms, close grip chinups, close grip bench presses. For chest, bench presses and pec dips.

Overall these are really the only exercises you need:

Chest:

Parallel bar dips

Bench Press

Incline Press

Legs:

Squats (including front squats)

Stiff-Legged deadlifts

Calf-raises

Back:

Bent-over rows

Chins

Bent-legged Deadlifts (also a leg exercise)

Delts:

Military press

Lateral raises

Arms:

Close-grip bench press

Close-grip chins

Everything else after that will help with definition, and perhaps getting over plateus. But these should be the core of your program.

Wolverine

1st Dan - Kalkinodo

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a q-tip"

"There is no spoon."

That's some good advice. Also remember this:

The bicep is actually a pretty small muscle in your arm. The bulk of your arm (that which gives it size) is the triceps. Don't neglect those.

I don't know what you're looking for though...I think you just want to have good looking arms and a rugged chest...to turn the ladies' heads? :brow: Nothing wrong with that, but make sure you balance yourself out and do the workouts like Wolverine posted. The common mistake many people do is "target" a specific area. They figure that they'll look good in a tight shirt just by doing curls and bench presses all day long. The fact of the matter is, they'll look ridiculously imbalanced (small triceps and still skinny arms when relaxed- and a flat back with large pecs..almost like a woman's fgure).When you work your chest, you also have to work the back to add thickness there. When you work the biceps, you also have to work the triceps. If you ignore the "opposing" muscles, you'll never reach your full potential, and the look you are going for may be a little strange.

Mixed Martial Artist

I agree. Only recently have a been specifically working on my triceps as well as biceps. There seems to be a myth out there that biceps are everything and that there the biggest muscle in ur arm, I dont know why. Maybe its because when someone (egotistical beefcake usually) puts there arm up to show their muscles of its the biceps that u see from the front.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

Chest exercises don't make you punch better, punching makes you punch better. You need plyometrics!

Wolverine

1st Dan - Kalkinodo

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a q-tip"

"There is no spoon."