• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

So anyone know of any good books?

Ones of which I could read about Kickboxing because I am interested in learning it but there isn't a place around here where I can go to practice.

Only in sadness can you find happiness. Only in death will you find life.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm strongly convinced that you cannot learn a MA from a book. If you do not have any kickboxing school in your area and you want to learn kickboxing the thing I would do is join a karate, TKD or Muay thay school which are the TMAs that looks more like kickboxing. You will learn skills that will give you an advantage as soon as you find a real kickboxing school.

Anyway a good book about kickboxing IMO is The Complete Idiot's guide to kickboxing. :)

Good luck.

Um thanks I think. Maybe I should just move to America or Norway, seems to be plenty of schools around there which teach it :P

I agree that you can't really learn a martial art from a book - especially as a beginner. However, kickboxing is (more or less) boxing punches with karate kicks - so taking up boxing and/or karate (or tae kwan do) would be useful steps.

However, a good book on Kickboxing is "Kick Boxing : A Framework for Success" by Pat O'Keefe.

See here --> http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1840240938/iolairwebroma-21

And yes, there certainly are Kickboxing schools in the UK - I teach beginner's kickboxing in Kent, and there's a club in the same town too.

Currently: Kickboxing and variants.

Previously: Karate (Seido, Shotokan, Seidokan), Ju Jitsu, Judo, Aikido, Fencing.

Hi! I know this is a bit off topic but iolair I noticed in your signature that you trained in Canterbury! I train in Karate and Kickboxing in Ramsgate! Small world eh!

Yeah I know, I've found a place where I can do Kickboxing. Guess our small town does have something good in it after all.

Thank you for the book link as well iolair.