130 members have voted

1. 1. What color Gi do you wear

• White
    • Black
    • Orange
    • Grey
    • Purple
    • Other

all of my school wears all black my instructors reasoning is because a long time ago he bought a high dollar gi that was all white and completly destroyed it the first day trainig in the grass

"Live life easy and peacefully, but when it is time to fight become ferocious."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

All white for me now that I'm involved with Tong il Lo, all beginners wear all white Gi's , you are allowed to wear black when you achieve the rank of green belt and higher Kyu's. As far as my old Tae Kwon do days, my instuctor was pretty lax on what uniforms we wore as long as etiqutte was spot on . Back then I had a solid red with black stripe trim.

"The patient fighter does'nt just charge his opponent, attacking at random and exposing himself to a counter. Rather, he waits until his opponite makes a mistake and engages when victory can be ensured" Jhoon Rhee

Black. Sensei used to give kids the choice of white or black, but now all of us have black except for one little girl. We have one patch that goes on the left side of our jacket. Most the kid's keep the company's tags on (like Proforce, etc.), but the adults and most of the higher ranking people have gone through and cut the tags from their gi and belt.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu