• Other

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only ever wear black and/or white. (I'm a black belt)

I've got about 8 suits, They are all combinations of black and white, some with stripes some with patterns some just plain. My favourite combo are my black pants with white top with black trim.

For gradings, tournaments and seminars I always wear plain white.

Bretty

I wear either an all black gi, all white gi, or black top, white bottom or black bottonm and white top.

My students are allowed to wear either all black or white....no mixing until they get a black belt, then they can wear black pants and white top.

I used to be more traditional, but living where I do, and seldom having anyone higher in rank than myself coming to visit this area..I figured "What differance does it make what color gi they wear?"..so made the change to black or white about 10 years ago. The students like the choice.

No blue, red or other colors allowed.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

When I'm in class, I wear just all white.

When I'm doing anything outside of class, it's workout pants, an Underarmor shirt, and a t-shirt. That's for lifting, bagwork, and general karate stuff.

For kendo I wear black hakama and dark indigo keikogi. For jujitsu I wear a blue gi top and white pants, and an all white gi for karate.

shotokan karate nidan

jujitsu shodan

kendo shodan

white......its kinda boring....at least the belt gives it some color.

I want a black Gi with green or yellow triming though. Thats my future goal

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

You left out BLUE. When I was an assistant instuctor at my Shorinryu school, I wore a blue gi. :)

The patch or crest worn by Isshinryu karateka often raises admiration and curiosity. The patch is based on a day dream Tatsuo Shimabuku had in the fifties while he was creating his karate style. This dream was the missing piece in the puzzle called Isshinryu. The patch is often incorrectly called Mizu Gami, which means 'water goddess'. Originally the Isshinryu emblem was called 'Isshinryu No Megami', which means 'Goddess of Isshinryu'. The goddess is the Goddess of Isshinryu karate and not the goddess of water.

I wear a white gi for Shotokan and a white keikogi for Aikido. For my karate instructor's freestyle self defence lesson I wear a black gi or black gi trousers with a t-shirt.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!