• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Apart from Martial Arts?

Jiggy9

Hunting, fishing, camping, hiking...pretty much anything outdoors. I enjoy spending my time with my wife. Although she is not a hobby, but a blessing in my life. I like to play the guitar, and enjoy my video games. Ya even us boring IBM guys like video games. lol. I love to read and write, and I enjoy a plethera of sports, and activities alike. I especially love my guns, and enjoy shooting them. There really are too many to list. I enjoy flying, and aircraft. Well, I'll stop there. Like I said there are too many to list. But that's just a few of them :D :karate:

Understand this, a man without honor, is not a man at all, but a coward in disquise.

Animis Opibusque Parati

• 4 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my big interest is music. I started playing piano when I was 6, guitar when I was 7, drums at 14, trumpet at 15, and flute and clarinet at 16.

I now play grade 6 guitar, grade 5/6 piano, grade 5/6 trumpet and about grade 3/4 flute and clarinet. I played grade 4 drums, but gave them up at 15 as I prefered getting a melody out my musical instruments! :lol: I compose a little too when I'm in the mood, but I find that quite difficult compared to performing.

I play in a band that plays at charity events and at old folks homes, and in a marching competition band.

Apart from my music I also like to teach myself new things eg. painting, Japanese etc. My latest little hobby is learning Japanese. I've so far familiarised myself with katakana and some level 4 kanji. I find hiragana really hard to memorise though....its so squiggly! I've only been learning for about 6 weeks though, so I guess I'll just wait and see how things go with that. :)

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading. News junkie. Political junkie.

Used to be Music. Played in the base band in the Marines, but ONLY to avoid peeling potatoes as I detest marching bands. Clarinet. I grew up in a home that featured Polka music and the Pete Fountain, Pete Best (? -obviously been a while...). How was I about to know guitar was about to become king and my choice of instrument would condem me to geekdom and physical abuse on top of taunting and name calling, not that I'm bitter or anything...

Home. Family. Community.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell

lol@unknown

For me, it's a bit of everything:

Jap import cars

my car (http://members.optushome.com.au/anthlil/galant)

weed

weight training

yoga

warez

p r 0 n

internet and computers

web design

music (flute, piccolo, conducting, musical direction and singing)

listening to music (Incubus, Faith No More, Dre, Cube, Snoop, Hoobastank, Bungle, Bizet, Hindemith)

travelling

squash

basketball

languages (German, Tamil, Malay/Indonesian)

playing XBox

taking my 2 dogs to the beach (a labrador and a border collie x Kelpie)

:D

==================

http://come.to/BlackBeauty

==================

Spirituality and Philosophy interest me a lot. I also like to read loads of books about people and about culture. I enjoy creative writing too and play guitar occasionally. I love music. I love lying down with my eyes closed and just listening through an album and seeing where it takes me. I am starting to make my own ambience and meditation music with software on my computer and I'll be sure to post some up if you want. I enjoy working out, at the moment with Matt Furey's Royal Court exercises. I enjoy challenging the way I think. I enjoy it when I'm ever in a mood and I force myself to use thought to realise this mood is pointless and then make myself feel better. I really just enjoy studying myself and other people - mind and body. And I enjoy expression through music and writing, and reading/listening to music. I love spending time with my close friends and with my girlfriend too.

I also enjoy sleeping.

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

black beauty.........you gotta sweet ride

hopefully im gonna get a car for myself next month.....then im gonna start working on that to make it a 10 second car......preferably a honda or a volkswagen

thanks buddy :)

and good luck with your new project too - let me know how you get along...

==================

http://come.to/BlackBeauty

==================