• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Most popular martial art in your area

I was wondering about the diffusion of MA in the various regions. So what's the most popular MA in your area? For example I herd from you that in many states of US TKD/TSD is very popular while here in Italy not so much. Anyway where I live (central Italy) I would say:

1) Karate (varous styles mostly Goju and Shorin)

2) Kickboxing

3) Ju-Jitsu (BJJ was not very popular but recently starts to appear)

4) Kung Fu (mosly Shaolin and Tai Chi Chuan)

then some Judo, TKD, JKD, Kali-Escrima, Kendo, Aikido .... but not much.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In South Yorkshire, England where I live it is TKD that has the most clubs. In my small village alone there are 3 clubs. After TKD it is freestyle and shotokan karate styles which are also popular. There's also Goju-Ryu, Wado-Ryu and some Judo, as well as Kung Fu (Wing Chun) and Tai Chi. There are a few other styles too, but they're not very poular.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

It seems to be mostly TKD here (English Midlands), but there's quite a bit of Karate too. Judo is also fairly popular.

shotokan karate nidan

jujitsu shodan

kendo shodan

Yeah i'm from the midlands (east midlands) too, i'd say TKD, karate, Judo and maybe kickboxing are all very popular around here.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

well i live in japan at the moment, well for another year and half at least, and the popular ones here are judo, karate, kendo and some other arts but those are the most famous in the area over all others would be aikido, shorinji kenpo, naginata, and jujitsu, along with ninpo budo taijutsu

here on the base the most popular that the military and their families study would be tang soo do and kaju kenbo,,,then a taekwon do class....then a small group that studies kuk sool won and ninpo budo taijutsu along with an okinawan karate....but that is the basis here in misawa japan

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger