• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Howdy Ya'all

Variance

Can you guess where I'm from?

Cowboys, Spurs and Mavericks

It must be TX :D

Im 19 now.. Im an asian mutt(filipino/chinese/japanese) about like 5'6/5'7 and underweight at 127... bulking and hoping to hit 135 ideally.

I hope im not too old to become proficient at the arts.. I feel that I missed out as a kid being on the computer too much and wasted high school racing in Autocross or screwing with my car.

I used to take TKD for about 2 years when I was younger but it was at a McDojo and I didnt really learn anything worthwhile IMHO. :-?

Im starting up again... as Ive just recently became a health freak in the last year... working out.. (went from 108 to 127) and Martial arts are one thing Ive always wanted to become proficient at.

Im currently planning to take Arnis(no kendo available darn) and want to additionally take some kind of chinese martial art.. although Im not sure what style yet. (Wing Chun? Shaolin?) Probably whatever is available as I live in dallas.. and there's not that much here besides generic Karate & TKD McDojos :oops:

I kind of want to be well-rounded so I plan on learning grappling in the future... once my 19 hour Pre-Med/Pre-Law semesters let up a little bit. :bawling: :(

So yeah. Whats up :P

Anyone have any school/academy/dojo/teacher/sensei/sifu recommendations in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Please don't be shy!

Take everything in Moderation, including moderation itself.

Beater: 02 Honda Accord V6 Coupe BPU+ (209.1whp)

Track: 89 Mazda RX-7 TurboII BPU+++ (321 whp)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to KF. :)

I took some lesson in Kali/Escrima/Arnis some time ago and it was fun.

It was in conjunction with Jeet Kune Do (Inosanto's Method) is your school using the same method? If yes it gives you quite a rounded curriculum.

Unfortunately that school closed because we were only two students. :cry:

Anyway good luck :karate: :up:

There's nothing wrong with tinkering with your car. You build good troubleshooting skills that way.

There are quite a few Kuk Sool Won schools down in Texas. You may want to look into that.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

Welcome to the forums! :wave:

You're never too old to become proficient at the martial arts. At least, not at 19 anyway.

You may want to head over to the "Getting Started in the Martial Arts" forum, which is really good for finding a dojo.

Good luck with your search! :)

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.