• advertisement_alt

The SAT!

monkeygirl

I live in England.

I got my S.A.T.s results the other week. They are as follows:

English: Level 7

Maths: Level 6

Science: Level 6

In our country we base our results on Levels ( Where as 7 is higher than one) 7 is the highest level you can receive for English and Science, it goes up to 8 in Maths.

Level 5 is a pass. Anything Below is a fail.

P.S. I am happy with my results and am pleased to say I got the highest mark in the year(86) For English!

"To be elated at success, and dissappointed at defeat, is to be the child of Circumstances."

I wish I followed that rule! ^^ I hate Losing!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the great English score!!

SAT's also come in subject tests, known as SAT II's...I took the Writing and Chemistry ones and got 750 and 650, respectively...not so hot on the chem, but deliriously happy with the writing.

I'm also pleased that I don't have to take the new SAT...my graduating class just misses out on that.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

I guess SAT's are somewhat equivilent to A-Levels?

Don't even get me started on mine, they were either:

Computing C

Business Studies B

History C

OR

Computing C

Business Studies B

History A!!!

I had mega arguements with the exam board,basically my teacher told me to expect an A for my history coursework, it came back a U (menaing ungraded, my name on the paper would get a friggin U). The exam board flat refuse to remark history coursework. The difference between the marks would have been enough to boost my overall history score from a C to an A.

Ah well, one gap year later im not so bothered. Ill give uni a bash see what its like. If I like it I like, if I don't, I now know there is a hell of a lot more to life. Nearly time to go, looking forward to having some fun. Mainly based around alcohol and holding hands with girls.

thats pretty harsh, GrrrArg. When I did the english version i got

english 8

maths 8

science 8

One of my friends got two EP levels (exceptional performance).

Ours stand for 'Standardised Achievement Tests and are taken at ages 6, 11 and 14. They count for nothing and are a waste of time :D not that im bitter

congrats on your high US-SATs scores! (Ive watched enough Buffy to know they're high :D)

3rd Kyu - Variant Shotokan

Taijutsu

"We staunt traditionalists know that technique is nowhere near as important as having your pleats straight when you die."

Quick question to the Brits. :)

Why do you pluralize math as "Maths"?

Isn't Math both singular and plural, you know, like one deer, two deer.

Or when Neil Armstrong said from the moon, "That's one small step for man..." when he should have said "That's one small step for a man...", thereby changing the entire meaning of his statement making it redundant: "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind". ("Man" is synonymous for mankind, thus plural)

I should say, you Englishes are funny with your English. Hehe! :D

Edited by DLopez

Dean

Dahn Boh Nim - Black-Brown Belt

Kuk Sool Won

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." - James Dean

Yep! You got me there! :lol:

Actually, now that I thought about it a little more, I guess Math is really just an abbreviation for Mathematics, which is plural.

Guess I'll follow the Brits and start calling it "Maths" too! All my fellow engineer co-workers may look at me funny, but hey, all the Englishes are doing it! :P

Dean

Kuk Sool Won

goodgladtohearyouhavefinallyadmitedthatusenglishersnomoreaboutspeakingthanyoufoolishbutinoffensiveamericanstellmeifimgoingtofastcosiknowitalkquitefasticanslowdownifuwant

:)

Hehe!

More famous Britspeak:

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:

All mimsy were the borogoves,

And the mome raths outgrabe

I still, to this day, have no clue what the heck Lewis Carroll is trying to say... :P

Dean

Kuk Sool Won